PDA

View Full Version : RB25: Looking for some straight answers, sick of search noob infested threads

ch1873857
05-06-2010, 04:39 AM
Im not a noob by any means. did the ca when i was 15, rb20 2 years later and now that im comfortably on station, going rb25. it was all by accident really. my importer ran out of rb20 swaps the day i went to pick it up. worked me a deal and walked away with an rb25 s2 swap for 1300 bucks. with an rb20 trans, shut your mouth, 20 trans will be fine for 350 wheel for now. the fact that i dont have to get a 165 dollar drive shaft makes me happy too.

with that being said i know very little about rb25s, been trying to brain dump before i do the swap but getting irritated searching when most of the threads are the same noobtastic fundies. i just want some straight answers from someone or some people that know what the hell they are talking about. back in the day zilvia was were i went to find real answers. hearing different things from everywhere

so here it is:
going to be a fairly stock swap. isis manifold, the ch#### custom midmount, and exhaust. have all my fueling, mounting, and cooling covered. thinking about when i get it driving, what to expect.

is it true that series 2 motors have a ceramic turbine and a plastic??? compressor? and as far as stock boost is concerned its supposed to be 7 i assume but i remember removing the boost soleniod always yielded wierd results, one instance i ended up with 10 and the other i ended up with minor boost creep. if i route my wg directly to a vacuum source on the intake plenum what will my results be, in YOUR experience.

also ive read not to boost them above 12 or 12.5psi. so for now we'll call that max boost. at max boost how much of my maf and injector capacity am i using? and roughly how much power will i be looking at.

thats pretty much it for now.

eklips3
05-06-2010, 09:59 AM
yes its true the turbos are ceramic with plastic turbine wheels. they can only be boosted up to 14psi but 12 psi is fairly safe to run, just be nice to it.

i routed my wastegate from my intake manifold and it ran fine, was running 7psi all day no problem , no boost creep or anything.

the injectors wont max out, the maf however if its in good shape it will keep up. but it will be running higher voltage readings, so if it happens to go then you might have to open it up and re-solder some pins inside or get a new one if it craps out. but all in all , it will work.