07-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Im looking for a reliable alarm with some good features
-pager alarm
-turbo timer function
-shock sensor
-remote start
-starterkill
-and a good distance as far as how far the pager works

I have looked at some alarms and im kinda confused. I still have a polaris g4 clifford alarm but thats on my old car, wondering if i should hook that up or get the pager alarm especially since the clifford has already been thru 2 different cars. How well do those pager alarms work and what company should i go with ?

my friend has one by compustar he seems to have pretty good sucess wit it,, it has all the features i mentioned above. My other friend got some cheapo brand and his really sucks has a big delay on chipping/ and actual arming or it activating. So is there any pager alarm anyone could recomend at a good price or a decent price?

DuffMan
07-08-2003, 01:57 PM
The crimestopper pager alarms are probably the cheapest ones that arent crap.

Yoshi
07-08-2003, 02:20 PM
yep, I have one. Love it.

russian
07-08-2003, 09:36 PM
get a good alpine alarm (this is what im getting), you can get one of ebay for around 150 bucks + get an optional pager. i think 150series has pager output.
alpine is the shiznet. but its more than crimestoppers.:bowdown:

mmdb
07-09-2003, 02:45 PM
here's a link to a thread i posted in another forum...

http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4679

Since it was my first install and a custom one at that, took me a while to actually understand relays and how they work, also soldering the wires was time consuming and using a bunch of eletric tape.

I'd totally recommend this alarm. It has awesome range, great quality, you can add on a camera, gps tracking syste, other sensors etc. Comes with shock, hood pin, trunk, remote start, and a bunch of other stuff i can't remember. Check it out.

Steeles
07-09-2003, 03:57 PM
I've got the compustar as well. great unit I really like it and highly recommend it.