PDA

View Full Version : S14 ka24de help pls..

pancakes562
04-27-2010, 12:45 AM
My check engine came on and i did the ECU diagnostics test and I got a 34 (knock sensor), and a 105 (EGRC Solenoid/V). My s14 is a '95 with the original KA24DE. Do i just need a new Knock Sensor and EGRC Solenoid/V cuz i cannot find them anywhere. The car runs perfectly fine. Any help to where to find one, what is going on and what should i do? :-/

help please..

mxexux
04-27-2010, 01:29 AM
I would worry more about the EGR solenoid. Knock code is probably being caused by the problem with the EGR solenoid. You can either scour the junk yards, contact people here that have part outs or go to the dealer for that part. Before you start replacing parts though, make sure that the solenoid is getting good voltage and ground.

pancakes562
04-27-2010, 10:19 AM
hmmm i see.. yeah i've been looking around for one but i cant find any.. i cant pass smog because of this problem.. how can i check if its getting good ground and voltage?

miravete
04-27-2010, 02:55 PM
the knock sensor is a lil bitch to remove. look at the part out threads on the for sale section to see if someone has one for sale.

thats my best bet.

or post it in the wanted section.

pancakes562
04-27-2010, 06:19 PM
the knock sensor is a lil bitch to remove. look at the part out threads on the for sale section to see if someone has one for sale.

thats my best bet.

or post it in the wanted section.

yeah i was reading up on the knock sensor and everyone said they had a hard time removing it haha

i looked up the parts brand new and they're pretty expensive.. if i cant find them used i guess thats the only option.

thanks for the heads up tho :)

laoxguy
04-27-2010, 07:15 PM
i just replace my knock sensor a couple days ago...seriously was a pain to replace but now i understand why they charge so much for something that seems simple to replace...bought it from frsports.com for 90 bucks which is a little less then wat the dealers price was

pancakes562
04-28-2010, 08:14 PM
i just replace my knock sensor a couple days ago...seriously was a pain to replace but now i understand why they charge so much for something that seems simple to replace...bought it from frsports.com for 90 bucks which is a little less then wat the dealers price was

yeah my friend was walking me thru the steps to change it and i was breaking a sweat listening to him lol

im going to attempt to remove the egr valve and clean and see if the check engine light comes back on or not

but if it does ill just have to buy a new one.. found one at auto zone for $100 haha but whatever

ill let u know what happens if anything

huntington19
04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
kragen/o'reilly- $71.99 took 5 minutes to find. lol

pancakes562
04-29-2010, 10:38 PM
kragen/o'reilly- $71.99 took 5 minutes to find. lol

hahaa thanks.. if i decide to purchase ill get it there.. a lot cheaper

pancakes562
05-02-2010, 05:52 PM
okay, well i took off the valve and i cleaned it with carb choke cleaner, reset the ecu, drove the car around for a while and the check engine light hasn't came back!

now lets hope i pass smog :)