PDA

View Full Version : My SR sounds busted idk what's wrong. (Video)

TroubleBound
04-25-2010, 06:35 AM
I did the entire swap myself (should have known better), and it started on the first try. But it makes this god-awful rattling/ticking noise and it sounds as if it's coming from the inside of the block near the turbo. The gas has been in the car since last May, that couldn't be it could it? I was thinking maybe the timing is off or some damaged valves or something? I've had a couple people over that didn't help at all, and i just don't have enough money to tow it somewhere and pay to have it fixed. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be making this damn noise? Here's the video:

Busted SR20 (http://s367.photobucket.com/albums/oo112/Trouble_Bound/?action=view&current=PoopySR.flv)

Thanks guys

2J 240
04-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Did you open up the motor at all or was it complete and you just dropped it in?

Sileighty_85
04-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Cant tell that well, but its either an exhaust leak or your HLA's (Hydraulic Lash Adjusters) have air in them.

If the Exhaust system is sealed you need to pull out the HLA's and bleed them (steps can be found in the FSM)

Make sure you have oil pressure as well, you can check buy opening up the oil cap and looking at the oil squirters over the cams and make sure oil is comming out.

cotbu
04-25-2010, 05:51 PM
I'd go with low oil pressure too!

army240
04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
It's hard to say on the video, but I'd say it's an exhaust leak!

Marc240
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Does the sound get louder or quieter when you give it throttle, or effected by the rpm's? Check all you turbo gaskets, might have a leak at the T2 flange? Also check your oil/oiling.

Dee
04-25-2010, 07:49 PM
From the video it sounds like low oil pressure valve train noise or it could be that your lifters have air in them. Check for proper pressure and bleed them. my 2 cent.