PDA

View Full Version : precision sc61 or turbonetics t3/t4?

Silviacrazy
04-22-2010, 01:23 AM
i was wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of power output these turbos can do on a redtop sr20?...or if its worth getting either on of these turbos im trying to decide cause i can get a heck of a deal on either on of these turbos

JonGu
04-22-2010, 01:39 AM
neither, buy a comp turbo. far superior design when it comes to ball bearing, they have a better warranty than precision. comp turbo is also the cheapest of the three turbos.

Z U L8R
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
neither, buy a comp turbo. far superior design when it comes to ball bearing, they have a better warranty than precision. comp turbo is also the cheapest of the three turbos.

i TOTALLY agree!

the last 2 months i've been researching the new garrett gtx42/94r for my 2jz 240z, it's a 70.8mm turbo that's capable of 950 lb/min....but costs $2300 is the cheapest i've seen, some people are paying 2500-2800 for em.

i won't say that that turbo's not a billy bad ass...but you know you've heard people talking about the bullseye borg warner extended tip turbos. how they're journal bearing but spool like ball bearing.....

which you'd be like....ok they obviously designed a way better wheel which garrett is sort of copying to an extent....so why wouldn't bullseye make a ball bearing version and totally PWN garrett.....

answer: i don't know haha, but COMP TURBO did. i'm picking up a nice new shiney triple ball bearing s372 (72mm) .84 a/r twin scroll t4 /w 4" v-band exhaust and polished compressor housing(no anti-surge, as it's not needed with these wheels and robs ~30hp just to have a louder whistle) for $1000 less than that garrett gtx.....

bullseye performance extended tip wheels in a garrett triple ball bearing chra......the best of both worlds......with a warranty, DONE!

that extra $1,000 is going towards my aem ems s2....so now instead of me selling a perfectly good running 95 s14 with cold ac that passes emmissions every year...only so i can buy a turbo and half of an aem......i can get 2 car parts..for a whole car........ >_< i'm shooting for 700rwhp @ 24-25psi....but being that i'm considering e85.....i may crank that bish up to 800....stock bottom end for the win :D

but anyways, get the comp turbo! and make a "journey to hit 830hp thread" lol

email

[email protected]

good dudes! Ryan called me from there answering all the questions i emailed them and we talked for an hour.

great consultation, great product, and killer price!

definitely my next turbo.

Dave

Z U L8R
04-24-2010, 11:24 PM
oh i was wrong about some stuff, lemme clarify

It is not a garrett tbb, its a COMP triple bb chra. Comp developed it not garrett. They took all the flaws from Garrett and ITS bb chra's and came up with a superior one.

BEP does not make those ETT wheels. Borg Warner does. BEP just buys a Borg Warner and "modifies" it as their own BEP turbo.
So I can say I am getting a VRP72ETT TBB turbo built by Comp.

Velocity Racing Performance is the master distributor for Comp and they have the best prices.

VRP renames it for putting the specs together for each turbo application specific to the customers needs & Comp Turbo builds it to your requested specs.

I can't wait for that billy bad ass.

Dave