PDA

View Full Version : S13 Sr20 Problem

240KAR
04-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Okay so I just bought this car s13 with a sr20 GT2871r and it was not running, the head gasket was blown, and there was coolant on top of the piston..
The head looked like it was brand new, really clean. I changed the head gasket and put everything back together and the car idles at 850 rpm and it seems to hesitate when throttle is applied.. and you can smell raw fuel like crazy. It has an SAFC II, which I hate. I think its tuned wrong and its giving it way to much fuel.. could I just trace the safc back and disconnect it and run it without that for a week until I can take it to get it tuned... I'm going to get an Enthalpy Tune.. Thanks guys

Stock S13 Redtop Sr
555cc Injectors
Walbro 225LPH Fuel pump
Garrett 2871r turbo .64

brian3676
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
You need the safc if your keeping the 555CC's or it wont run at all. I would re install some stock injectors and remove the SAFC and just run it on a stock tune until you can get something more reliable. Then re install the 555's. If your firm on keeping them in though then make sure your SAFC is at least on the correct peramiters to read the bigger injectors