PDA

View Full Version : crankposition sensor code

Superm320
04-15-2010, 01:52 PM
yo wats up guys i was just wondering if anyone ever had the code 82 on their 240? (mine s14)
i havent had time to check the sensor itself because of school so just trying to figure out what to do before i just buy a sensor that may end up not needing.
and i just recently took off the upper chain guide cuz it was already broken and noticed that there were some small shavings from there and just wondering if it could have been that, that messed up the sensor???
or the sensor really just needs to be replaced cuz i read the metal shavings could short the sensor
so just wondienrg any advice anyone??
oh and also have the code 34 (kncok sensor)

Superm320
04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
**update***
so i just checkd out the sensor the part connected to the harness is just broken off...how i have noooooo clue but it is
so now how do i take it off?? cant find a way in there

Superm320
04-16-2010, 12:09 AM
ok nevermind about the whole crank position sensor already fixed...
soooooo one sensor left
ive heard the knock sensor is hard to get to
any help?

a7olyte
04-16-2010, 04:49 AM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/sr20det240sxs14/Temp/knocksensor.jpg
There's the knock sensor circled in red.

The proper way to do it is remove the upper half of the intake manifold.
But I've removed it with the entire intake manifold there using a swivel socket. It's really tough though, especially when putting it back in.

Is there a reason you're switching the knock sensor except for the fact that 1) it throws a code and 2) your ECU timing is retarded a couple degrees?

Superm320
04-27-2010, 02:59 PM
it was just throwing a code so i just changed it and thanks helped and yea it is realllyy tough to put it back in