PDA

View Full Version : dual valvesprings question, shims and seats

dr1ft32
04-14-2010, 11:02 PM
so i dropped off my head to get my supertech dual valve springs and retainers installed to day and ron, my machine guy asked if i should be running seats/shims for the second set of springs also, the smaller ones inside because in other cars that he has seen in the past running dual valve springs without the shim has came out pretty bad most of the time because of the titanium valve springs pressure on the head and has caused damage. i was wondering if anyone else was running dual valve springs and would recomend purchasing shims for the inner valve springs. thanks in advance

STR8E180
04-15-2010, 03:34 AM
u should use shims for the inner spring other wise the spring will eat into the alloy casting

dr1ft32
04-15-2010, 03:34 PM
thats what i was thinking also, its weird because i ordered the valvesprings and retainers from mazworxs, and then i called frsport today to order the shims and the guy from frsport told me that the springs kit come with the shims, told me that they might have shorthanded me, but o well, the shims are inexpensive anyways. he is having trouble with finding the shims for my kit though so we will see how it falls through. if anyone knows the part number for the inner and outer shims/seats lmk thanks in advance