PDA

View Full Version : The huge ass earthquake thread

s13xturbo
04-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Anyone else have a feeling socal and anything near the San adreas fault is about to get owned by a massive earthquake in the near future?

Discuss

Link: Recent Earthquakes in California and Nevada - Index Map (http://www.data.scec.org/recenteqs.html)

fliprayzin240sx
04-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Better question is...WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL THESE MAJOR EARTHQUAKES HITTING POPULATED AREAS ALOT?!?! Guess Mayan 2012 end of the world prediction might just happen...

udon!
04-13-2010, 01:25 AM
probably going to happen, or at least a sucsession of decent sized earthquakes as opposed to one large one.

i dont really care, just as long as im not in a big building. i doubt my house would collapse.

matts13vert
04-13-2010, 01:26 AM
i have big ass palm trees on my street i hope none fall on my house....

dOMEmE
04-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Anyone else have a feeling socal and anything near the San adreas fault is about to get owned by a massive earthquake in the near future?

Discuss

actually (ill look for the site i saw this at) i saw this thing that says that they predict a earthquake somewhere in the range of 5.2 and 7.8 to hit within the next 48 hours.it was an actual government website.

matts13vert
04-13-2010, 01:28 AM
actually (ill look for the site i saw this at) i saw this thing that says that they predict a earthquake somewhere in the range of 5.2 and 7.8 to hit within the next 48 hours.it was an actual government website.

yea this was spread massively through a huge chain text

dOMEmE
04-13-2010, 02:06 AM
yea this was spread massively through a huge chain text

thats why i looked it up because i dont beleive random texts,,,,turns out it just might happen.

sw20>>s14
04-13-2010, 02:20 AM
shut the fuck up!!! im freakin out, man...

im only scared of my wall of toys and aquarium...

rb25_s13*CHUKI
04-13-2010, 02:25 AM
damn man I just left from a argument with my girl. fuck that I'ma go back. never know what could happen.

brody8877
04-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Fuck it, if it happens, its happens! I mean this shit isnt preventable. Live life to fullest, live with no regrets, life is too short to worry about this shit.

dOMEmE
04-13-2010, 02:32 AM
shut the fuck up!!! im freakin out, man...

im only scared of my wall of toys and aquarium...

honestly bro i freakes out to....i brought my tv down. lowered the water level in my aquarium and went and bought bottled water and canned food just incase....it sucks but gotta take this shit seriuosly...

worangejuice
04-13-2010, 03:04 AM
So, numerous mini earthquakes in a concentrated area lead to a big one right after? It seems to be that the earthquakes are close to this area as far as its path.........creep me out man, I felt the one from Baja like it was rolling, and I was at Universal Studios at work.........they usually don't seem to crazy, but Los Angeles would seem to be able to handle one, with all the preperation and shit......

Marc240
04-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Alot more smaller earthquakes, should help prevent one huge quake. There would be less pressure between the geological plates.

cserrano86
04-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Lucky for me, I have a Wrangler. I can have some fun with cracked streets.

airsoft
04-13-2010, 10:10 AM
I wish this earthquake is big enough to destroy my building. I dont' want people to get hurt, but I do want this building to be unsafe for work.

DreamN
04-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Figured there would be a thread on here about this.

I'll most likely sleep through the damn thing like I've done in the past. Doubt anything will happen in the next 48 hours or whatever as these aren't events you can really set your clock too.

Was going to cancel my mobile data plan, but guess I shouldn't. Need to be able check my email if disaster does happen. LOL

ronmcdon
04-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Well it might happen anytime really.
Today or maybe a 100 yrs from now.
Not much point in worrying whats inevitable.

Im optimistic our infrastructure will sustain itself better than say Haiti.
What happened in Chile is probably indicative of the worst that can happen.
You might be screwed only if you lived in poorly built shack.
We have a lot of those in Los Angeles.

drift freaq
04-13-2010, 11:15 AM
fuck it. Big quake happens not much I can do except be prepared for it. Lived through a Large quake once already aka Loma Prieta in 89 in the Bay Area. 7.2 Did not faze me. As long as I have food and water I am good. Seriously cannot spend my time worrying about it.

kingkilburn
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Thank GOD for the Central Valley. Geologically immune to earth quakes.

stinky_180
04-13-2010, 04:02 PM
quakeprediction.com

i wonder how accurate that site is. says california is going to have a big one this week. should i load up all my camping gear.. hrmmmm

Pactin
04-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Looks like the ball dropped on China today..

sw20>>s14
04-14-2010, 02:07 AM
7.1 in china...man, all these big boys are comin out...okay, im seriously so scared...i went to the tech museum over the summer and went on the earthquake simulator...and i was scared shitless imagining if that type of shaking happened in real life (was only 4 when the 89 hit so i dont have much recollection)...something about the ground that im on moving really scares the shit out of me...fuck fuck fuck

Slammed Assassin
04-14-2010, 02:23 AM
damn making me scared!! haha.

I LUV MY S13
04-14-2010, 03:48 AM
i honestly think this all has alot to do with us being at the center of our galaxy..

quakeprediction.com

i wonder how accurate that site is. says california is going to have a big one this week. should i load up all my camping gear.. hrmmmm

yeah whats their source of info?

inertiadrft
04-14-2010, 04:18 AM
Lol, I have been predicting quakes at work for about a year now, of'course, my co-workers bet money against my predictions. Lets just say that they no longer bet against me..

Look, quakes are fairly easy to predict 65-75% of the time, you just need to look up at the sky, check weather forcasts, temperture irregularaties and know where the moon is at, full moon, half moon, eclipses around the world, and chances are you can call a quake at location within a couple thousand miles give or take, in a span of 15 days give or take.. atleast thats as close as I can get.. for now..

Do I predict a quake in the west coast this month, yes.
But China has been getting hit which brings me to believe our chances are getting slimer, but there have been some odd temp's for april, so im not certain.
Would I put money on it? :/

Currently I have my eyes on the earthquake that should happend between 6/27 - 7/16. Somewhere in the Pacific, Im trying to narrow it down to specific location and week. it should be a very significant quake.

And no, im not crazy! I get my leads from actual Professors that study this shit..

fliprayzin240sx
04-14-2010, 04:41 AM
^^^Better not be Japan...Im sitting on a fucking piece of corral that is maybe 150 ft above sea level. Last thing I need is a fucking Tsunami...

shiftdrift
04-14-2010, 04:55 AM
100's dead and 1000's of people hurt from an overnight quake in china.

Unknown007
04-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Prediction of a 8.0+ magnitude earth quake prediction was announced.IDK where my mom just told me.To me it's more like if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen no prediction is gonna tell us.