PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Iamdave
04-11-2010, 09:36 PM
So it's about to be my birthday in a few months and of course im buying a s14 . Well that was until my plans were totally shit on due to insurance complaints from the madre. Was wondering if there was anyone who had the 98 s14 as their first car and how much insurance ran for you. lemme kno.:ughd:

bermeo240
04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
i think it depends on ur licence as well..if its clean of tickets and accidents....it shouldnt be so expensive...

Iamdave
04-11-2010, 09:57 PM
yeah its clean. virgin clean im turning 16. i was wondering if it mattered if its engine was already swapped would that make a diff.

bermeo240
04-11-2010, 10:25 PM
16 and with a car?....luckyy...lol......idk about that swap...i dont think that would matter....all i kno its that inssurance goes high depending on how ur licence and of course the car....like color or some bullshit like that...i have a 95 s14 and i pay like 190 cause i had a accident wen i was 17....

enkei2k
04-12-2010, 07:25 AM
good luck with that. where are you in NY?

i first got insurance for a 95 when i was 23. bare minimum, progressive insurance, did the defensive driving, clean record, got my license when i was 19 so that's 4 years of clean driving, and it was about 210 a month for insurance.

now that i'm 25, 110 a month. and that's not even bare minimum insurance. if i went bare minimum now, it'd be 90 a month.

bermeo240
04-12-2010, 07:53 AM
good luck with that. where are you in NY?

i first got insurance for a 95 when i was 23. bare minimum, progressive insurance, did the defensive driving, clean record, got my license when i was 19 so that's 4 years of clean driving, and it was about 210 a month for insurance.

now that i'm 25, 110 a month. and that's not even bare minimum insurance. if i went bare minimum now, it'd be 90 a month.

0o0 yeah that too ...how long u had ur licence...take drivers ed. on ur school and insurance might be a little cheaper....but i dont think u can drive till ur 17....

Iamdave
04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
im in Newburgh, and yeah i know pretty lucky but its kind of a need for another driver in the family. but wow thats mad bills for insurance. but see my insurance would be under my moms name i wonder how much of a diff it would make. is there anyway i could like see what the quote would be without actually having the car yet

bermeo240
04-12-2010, 08:56 PM
im in Newburgh, and yeah i know pretty lucky but its kind of a need for another driver in the family. but wow thats mad bills for insurance. but see my insurance would be under my moms name i wonder how much of a diff it would make. is there anyway i could like see what the quote would be without actually having the car yet

u can have the insurace under her name but ull have to be on her policy...just in case u get into a accident or something.....cause insurance wont cover unless ur on her policy in case of a accident...

enkei2k
04-12-2010, 09:50 PM

depends on location. where i am, insurance is supposedly the most expensive because of all the shit that happens here. you can get quotes directly on their (insurance companies) website. you don't have to buy it, you can shop directly on their website for the best prices.

Iamdave
04-16-2010, 07:41 AM
thanks guys i appreciate it. lol theres always the general in these hard times

upsdude
04-16-2010, 12:44 PM
hey i know it's tempting to get the bare bones insurance policy...but from my experience i'd get the full coverage. i was in a hit and run accident last year and all i got covered was my medical expenses. luckilly the idiot that hit me left his/her license plate behind or else i wouldn't have been able to recover the cost of my car. this is when "you get what you pay for" really means something. but because of your age it's going to be expensive regardless, because statistically people your age get into more accidents etc etc.

Iamdave
04-17-2010, 08:49 AM
yeah everyone messes it up for the people who dont get into accidents with parked cars >.>. but thats pretty lucky with the license plate, people these days he would have never even thought about it twice afterwards.