PDA

View Full Version : speaker popping

michael1284
06-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Well we were putting in my system today in my '96 240sx, ran into a couple problems. Everything works fine, it sounds good put in the components, rear speakers. I took out the factory amp and used the wires that went into the harness. I got a list that shows what each wire was for and connected the proper ones to the amp. For some reason, it pops when i turn the volume all the way down, like from Volume 1 to Volume 0. It seems as if it pops from all 4 speakers, not really sure. Anyone have any idea why this happens?

hookedup240
06-29-2003, 04:56 PM
not sure it could be a couple things. try checking the all the grounds. Mine does this sometimes too but i was told that it did not hurt anything.

zero.counter
06-29-2003, 09:51 PM
My 95SE had that problem also. The factory wiring is plugginh 6 leads to 4 and then to the stereo. I was running some upgraded tweeters and fron and rear pioneers off the stereo (replacement, aftermarket) I started hearing popping and ignored it. Then the display on the HU went dark (I used the same HU i my accord for 5mo. with no probs) and I found that the right side tweet was shorting and when I turned it up or down, I imagine the current was causing instability in equal amperage and sending a greater load (haha:p ) to the other side, thus causing my popping. Needless to say, I resorted to using those crappy Type-R led beams (cigarette plugged) lights to illuminate the hu display and no more popping. Me thinks chafa, and I was using a wiring harness.