PDA

View Full Version : KA-T help, pressure sensor

Tictakman
06-26-2003, 04:30 PM
Alright, after taking off the old oil pan and putting on a new one with a oil return line in i went to the next step. i tried to do the oil feed line for the turbo by hooking a T up to the oil pressure sensor hole. no luck, the fitting i have is just a hair too large and will not thread in. can anyone help guide me to the right size fitting or setup that they went with?

is the sensor in mm or what?

Zak

DarkRaptor42
06-26-2003, 05:06 PM
The sensor is in BSPT you need to get a special adaptor to get it to fit. Go To mcmaster carrs website and you can find somthing there. Or do a search for Aceinholes setup. He has it all detailed.

matt0941
06-27-2003, 11:19 AM
OT: Why did you buy a new oil pan when you could just drill into the existing one (asking for my own sake)?

orion::S14
06-27-2003, 11:31 AM
You need this:

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/ta003.jpg

Which can be found here:

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/t3t4oil2.html

- - - - - - - - -

Block is threaded for BSPT, but most brass 'T's are NPT...

Later - BRian

Tictakman
06-28-2003, 09:23 AM
well i seached on the net and i found that summit racing had the fitting i was looking for. cost me a little bit but i dont mind, 19.00. i already have the lines and t fittings just needed the adapter.

as for the oil pan, my car is a daily driver. i bought a stock one and had a buddy of mine make a hole and install the bung into the "new" one. then from there i took a few hrs to just bolt the new one up.

ZAK

matt0941
06-28-2003, 09:00 PM
Wow, why did it take you a couple hours?

I am not insulting just questioning why.

Tictakman
06-28-2003, 09:38 PM
no problem, i just didnt know the best way of doing it so i took off everthing under the car. i then called a buddy of mine at nissan and he told me all you had to do was loosen the motor mounts, take off sway bar and jack up the engine from the crank pully. so after that it was easy. just took me a while to figure it out.

Zak