PDA

View Full Version : Autocross

glc
06-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Im interested in Autocrossing, can someone please give me some general info, and also information about classes and modification, as well as where i can find out about events and their dates.

edited by Kevin: If there's no valid reason to post smiliies, don't do it. You're wasting bandwidth and server time. Plus it looks :ghey:.

glc
06-25-2003, 07:54 PM
no one knows anything about auto-x? :doh:

DRFT
06-25-2003, 08:18 PM
Go to the motorsports forum on this website. there is a lot of info on autocrossing, and other auto sports

pruto
06-26-2003, 12:38 AM
go search for autocross

its also called solo 2 if scca is hosting the majority of the autocrosses in your area.

as for class, again, depends on organizer, region.

best way is to find the regional website for scca for your area, i promise there is one, and they usually have really good info, as well as a message board.

damn, haven't autocrossed in a while. stupid classifications... grr...

DRFT
06-26-2003, 01:19 AM
Too bad your all the way on the east coast in FL, because Drift day 6 is one week ahead. There will be alot of people showing what they got on the track.

Dousan_PG
06-26-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by DRFT
Too bad your all the way on the east coast in FL, because Drift day 6 is one week ahead. There will be alot of people showing what they got on the track.

with a name like DRFT i would expect you on the track....you are driving arent you? :D

DRFT
06-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Nah, i'm not entering...because of some things i need...1.) need helmet (don't I? if i am entering in an event?) 2.) need LSD even thoguh i dont really need one but i rather have one instead. 3.) need alot of $$$ to get suspension stuff. and 4.) i have a auto tranny. I know it's nt impossible but i rather ahve a 5 spd instead to learn off of.
I lack in skills basically but hopefully if i ever enter in an event i will learn. I've seen you drive in Drift Showoff. I dont remember how you did, because there was hella cars heh. But all i can remeber about that event was that it was one long *** drive hehe. Now its the other way around:axe: It'll only be about a hour and a hlaf trip to the bay and it's going to be hell of a trip for you hah, nah JK I hope to meet some of you "Socal" people heh. Maybe you can give me some pointers when i'm there.:coolugh:

O yea and the SN...i like there clothes hahah:boink: :D :bowdown: :p

Dousan_PG
06-26-2003, 07:24 AM
cool cool
seroius man
just do the 5 speed swap and LSD
our friend has a stock car 100% but will a have 2 way LSD
that's ALL YOU NEED
dont get caught up in the suspension hype

see if you can borrow a motorcycle helmet for the day. that way i can get you rides w/ people. is boring just watching. i did that saturday of dd5..i was DYING. but had a helmet so did get lots of rides with friends and all..

MovinUp-1
06-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by glc
no one knows anything about auto-x? :doh:

Got to www.scca.org and use the region locator in the lower right of the first page to get your local region's contact info.