PDA

View Full Version : Turbo help needed

Tictakman
06-24-2003, 09:31 PM
im going to be installing a turbo next week and im slowly doing parts of the install so it will be mostly bolting it up. ive got a question for the oil pressure. what size socket is needed for the oil pressure sensor nut? im thinking it is 26 or 27mm but i cant get a socket over it bc i dont have a deep socket that size. can anyone confirm this.

has anyone thought about mounting an intercooler near the top of the radiator where the fan shrouding was? it will be kind of like a wrx intercooler setup but it would go before the engine at somewhat of a slant. it wouldnt go on top like the wrx. i figure less piping quicker flow, i was thinking about some type of induction hood that i would have to fabricate. any ideas on why to or why not to?

also, on the cooling aspect of the turbo. where is there a coolant line that goes into the engine where i can "splice" or reroute the flow to the turbo back to the same hole? hope you understand the question.

thanks for the help.
Zak

Jeff240sx
06-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Find the oil pressure sender. Either the big plastic crap pulls off, or you can get a smaller wrench in there right near the block itself. I sure as hell didn't use a 26 or 27mm socket, or wrench. How do I know? I don't have one...

You can mount the IC wherever. WRX-style top mount is bad, because heat rises, and IC over the engine is bad. People (drifters) have done crazy things with the FMIC, but it takes engineering. I'd just stick with the FMIC. Easy pipe routing, and great airflow.

Most KA turbos are oil cooled, so you wouldn't need a coolant line. People do use the throttle body coolant line and route that into their turbo when they get a water cooled turbo. I don't know anymore that that, but its a good search point.
-Jeff

Tictakman
06-25-2003, 02:18 PM
ill tear into it tonight a bit. anyone else have some ideas?

Zak