PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ported there sr20det heads?

sidelight
03-18-2010, 03:00 PM
I have a redtop. The heads are clean, I have grind the exhaust ports this week, next I will polish them. The intake ports I have not touch.

:wcc:Question 1-with me using the stock cams, stock turbo, how should I deal with the intake ports?

Specs of build- arp main studs, stock crank balanced, the stock pistons+rods have been balanced to similiar weight, cylinder wall cross hatch for oil retention,
main bearing oil clearance increase to .002 inch. JE pro seal piston rings-which I have gap the ends (the ones which needed to be gap)

I will get arp head studs, and rocker arm stoppers, higher oil pump, and bigger oil pan. :wcc: Question 2-what else is a must if I plan to rev to 8,000rpm?
:wcc::wcc::trogdor:
IF ANYONE has ported there sr20 heads, and build it, what else did you all put in the heads? what rpm were you builders reving to and still didn't had pieces broken in the head?

fckillerbee
03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
lol....

prepare for flaming!

steve shadows
03-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Not a big fan of this.

There are a lot better things you can do for the money, like getting a good boost controller, larger compressor, good EMS to tune the car. Tuning or even loading a custom configured base map alone could yield 25-100% increases in HP and TRQ!!!

The high port heads see very little if any betterment by porting and polishing. On the SR heads the real benefit in "head work" is De-shrouding the valve istelf. Look into de-shrouding ...

sidelight
03-19-2010, 02:05 PM
anybody with past expirences on porting --sr redtop heads?
If so what were your results; what were the combos? what turbo/ what cams/ valve job/ valve springs/

Gotta be someone who has done this-to test/see
what was the power at different rpm