PDA

View Full Version : sr20det sputtering help

nicks240sxs13
03-17-2010, 05:09 PM
my car sputters a bit when idleing and doesnt not want to go past 5lbs of boost...its starts to sputter and go nuts at 5 lbs of boost...... does anyone no why??

i'bve already replaced my fuel pump with a walbro 255, and my back 2 cylinders red wires going to the ignitor are soldered togeather(wired but if its not they doesnt fire)

nicks240sxs13
03-17-2010, 05:39 PM
anyone????

KoukiMonsta
03-17-2010, 06:28 PM
anyone????

sometimes it takes more than 30 mins for a response lol.

give some more info.

is the motor all stock? redtop? tune? did it run good before?ETC?

SleepR 240sx
03-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak. Check your IC piping, couplers, and vacuum lines. Then come back and let us know.

nicks240sxs13
03-18-2010, 02:09 AM
i just swapped it in, its a red top. it has no tune and a 3in exhaust,intake, and front mount with greddy type-s bov.
i will tighted all my ic piping again i guess. but got to be careful, i broke a clamp earlyer -.-

seems to sputter just a little bit at idle too, goes nuts at about 5lbs of boost(half throttle or so)

SleepR 240sx
03-18-2010, 08:54 AM
You need to do more than just check your clamps. Be sure to check all the vacuum lines coming off the intake manifold...wastegate actuator, BOV, brake booster, IACV, and fuel pressure regulator.

If you dont already have a boost gauge that shoud be your top priority. It will tell you right off if you have a boost leak or if you are spiking boost. Running a turboed car without one is asking for trouble and just generally retarded.

Even a small leak could be causing your problem so be sure to be very careful when you look. If you still dont find anything come back and let us know and we will go from there.

NightShiftShadow
03-18-2010, 09:21 AM
coils, i was having same issue, ran like shit, breaks up terrible at boost i did everything everyone said, mafs, ignitor, vac leak, timing, well we finally put this little thing on the coils to test their streangth and one was just strong enough to work but so weak that even idle would cause break up, see if you can have someone check that for you.

nicks240sxs13
03-18-2010, 10:24 AM
2 of the coils are brand new.
do you now how to test the coils to see if they are strong enough?