PDA

View Full Version : s13 flip up light not working

240Degrees
06-22-2003, 02:02 AM
I did the ghetto sleepy eye modification to my car. I spliced into the green wire connected to the button that flips the headlights open, connected it to a rocker switch, and everything. I turn on my lights and only the passenger side headlight is working. Both high beams work, but when I'm driving around, only the passenger low beam is working. I didn't drive my car for 3 days before i modified it, so it might have gone out before.

I think I might have blown a fuse because I didn't disconnect the battery when I did this. The headlight bulb might be out, so it might need replacing.

The 2nd, not so important, problem is my headlights wont stop evenly when i hit the switch while it's closing. The driver's side headlight is higher than the other. Am I just stuck with this?

Anubis
06-22-2003, 02:08 AM
Go for the silvia front, forget the flip ups! :cool:

240Degrees
06-22-2003, 02:14 AM
cool man! :p :hammer: :confused: :bowdown: :wtc: :cry:

^smiley abuse

BSeay
06-22-2003, 09:54 AM
The Silvia S13 front end is BEAST! do that forget the sleepy eyes...

misnomer
06-22-2003, 12:01 PM
STOP WITH THE GOD DAMN SMILEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to have that out of my system.

Sounds like you just burned out a bulb, a fuse would effect more than your driver side lowbeam. Replace the lamp, if it's still out, you need to check your wiring.

There's nothing wrong with reggelar ole popups. I personally find the silvia front end a little bland :P

240Degrees
06-22-2003, 06:51 PM
ok it works now! :) Thanks misnomer. The adjustment screws are all rusty tho, so they aren't pointed perfectly. Now that I have the light working, does anyone know how to make the headlights go down evenly?

Warwick5s
06-23-2003, 12:56 AM
i think with the ghetto light mod, it's just a matter of luck. sometimes mine are even, sometimes they aren't.

maybe this new 'drugged' look will overtake the 'sleepy' look as being the most mad tyte. :)

240Degrees
06-23-2003, 02:33 PM
mine are uneven all the time :( Maybe if I spray wd40 where those rod thingies are, it will be more even? Is it safe to do so?

edit: MY POST COUNT IS 240!!!