PDA

View Full Version : Air regulator wiring help (high Idle)

nos487
03-14-2010, 01:37 PM
My rb20 has a high idle cold and warm. I pinched hose going to air regulator and car idles down like it supposed too. Then I checked the air regulator and I have no power going to it. I have searched the service manual and cannot find how it is wired to ecm. I may still may have a bad air regulator but need to get power to it first. Thanks for any help!

nos487
03-16-2010, 05:26 PM
I fixed my high idle all the time http://www.nicoclub.com/forums/images/smilies/yelrotflmao-vi.gif . I pulled harness out and traced wires for air regulator and found who ever wired the car did not wire in the b/y wire. My m30 with vg the wire is supposed to be wired in to eccs relay and the 240 is wired in a fuel pump relay. After I wired it in and started car it ran at 1100rpm and then idled way down when warm. I had to turn my idle way up to get it to idle. Now my problem is my tps is bad I tried to set it at .45v but mine reads 5.0v all the time.

Z U L8R
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
gj sir. you did your research, then found and fixed the problem. and not only fixing your problems, but you learned a lot in the process and even diagnosed another issue.

if more people wouldn't be so lazy and do what you did, there wouldn't be half the posts, threads, and flamage.

great job sir.

Dave

Z U L8R
03-16-2010, 10:33 PM
i wish more people did what you did instead of be lazy like they do and expect spoon fed how to's.

fwiw i rarely see rb20's wired in correctly. therefore if that wasn't wired in, you should also check and make sure

1. your ecu has constant back up power

2. your o2 sensor is getting power

those are other common rb20 wiring problems i see in addition to what you fixed.

great job man,

Dave