PDA

View Full Version : thicker t/c rods w/ bushings?

sucker4stalefish
06-19-2003, 01:57 PM
My tension rods need to be changed. I know pdm has the stock ones with urethane bushings. it seems like every other option is a thicker rod with pillow ball ends. are there any beefy aftermarket rods that i can pop some whitelines into or are the pillows my only other option?

Dousan_PG
06-19-2003, 01:59 PM
aftermarket: 95% of time is pillowball

the thickest on the market is CUSCO

deviousKA
06-19-2003, 08:30 PM
to many downsides to the poly bushing t/c rod. the price is right, but you shouldnt lower your car with them. i will be selling my own custom pillowball t/c's soon i have a couple prototypes on my cars. you are going to have to wait around for a deal on some jdm rods, dont pay over 200, wait for a group buy

sucker4stalefish
06-19-2003, 11:11 PM
what downsides are there to poly bushings? i drive a lot of mountain roads most of which arent the best of paved. pillow mounts for the struts are next in line but t/c rods may make the ride a bit too jarring, but if the downsides to poly bushings are that numerous... basically i'm on a tight budget and need immediate replacements of my current t/c rods and bushings. im also replacing the struts all around (rears are shot) and strut boots with kyb agx's and kyb boots. if my mounts are shot i'll have to buy oem replacements because next month is going to be the pillow mounts and springs (most likely tein s.tech - i hear theyre stiff and dont drop the car too much) basically the next few monthes is going to be a complete suspension overhall. i feel pillow rods would just cause too much work on the chassis but i know the stock rods tend to bend. if anybody lives near the santa cruz mountains, i know a lot of really fun back roads...