PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel install in an s13?

clean
06-17-2003, 09:07 PM
went to put on my mugello wheel but couldnt figure how to hook up the horn. on the back of the stock wheel there are 3 brass rings that come into contact w/ 3 brass "nubs" on the colum and the cruis and horn is wired to the back of the brass rings on the wheel. what i think from looking at it is one is a power and ground?, another for the cruise accel and the other for the decel. anyway im just not sure and i messed w/ it and didnt come up w/ anything. the buttons on the sparco wheel just have a pos coming out of em and i know there has to be a ground on it. anyway if i had a 240 manual it would aelp but i havent found one at any stores, just the ones on cd on ebay. can someone shead some light on it. thansk

deviousKA
06-17-2003, 09:20 PM
you are going to have to contact the pins in order for your wheel to spin. maybe you are missing a piece, does the spline line up?. i dont see how a wire could work, you need a plate with dual or triple contact patches

clean
06-18-2003, 10:17 AM
i got it used on here w/ the hub. yeah i know i gotta do something and i gotta take the momo hub off now to check out what i can do w/ it. cant think of many options i can use to get it to work

clean
06-18-2003, 12:26 PM
i figured it out, i didnt have the hub all the way down onto the pins. but i think i got it now anyway. the wheel is small too, might want to get a different one.

clean
06-18-2003, 11:07 PM
thought i had it but the hub doesnt want to bolt down flush w/ the collum. anyone know what im doing wrong?

clean
06-23-2003, 03:24 PM
still could use a tad bit of help, thanks

the head
06-24-2003, 08:18 AM
most won't bolt totally flush
that is why they usually have a rubber trim ring that fills the gap as long as the horn works bolt it up and use it

clean
06-30-2003, 12:45 PM
still need some input and also how do i get the wheel all the way onto the splines? i dont want to hammer it or anything, is there a tool i can use?