PDA

View Full Version : The American Form of Government

HalveBlue
02-25-2010, 08:34 AM
DioQooFIcgE

I actually found this while cruising around on another website.

I'd like to hear my fellow Zilvians' opinions.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the points made in the video, but found it interesting none the less.

Discuss.

SochBAT
02-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I liked that video. Very intellectual, as far as Zilvia.net goes.

Republic. Yes.

I liked the idea of rule by popular vote, but sometimes, the populous is fucking retarded.

ronmcdon
02-25-2010, 09:47 PM
seems reasonable enough.
Idk if I can agree that democracy is a temporary state though.

you cannot deny it has a strong influence in the US (unles you think the electorate is a scam).
yeah we do have the constitution,
but even that is subject to amendments & interpretation.
we just have a more stable democracy whereas laws are upheld after voting.
we don't 'usually' change laws on the fly.

Oligarchy elements are no doubt present.
Politicians, lobbiests, judges, & institutions like the federal reserve have huge influence.

Realistically, I'm convinced the current US is some combination of democracy, republic, & oligarchy.
I don't think we were purely one form of government or another after the independence.
I think pretty much all governments throughout history were some combination thereof.

Likewise, elements of a Monarchy/Dictatorship & Anarchy have always been present in some places.
It's better to speak of a government having qualities of this & that, rather than absolutes of a particular category imo.

Wake
02-25-2010, 09:57 PM
HAHA sometimes?

Go look around zilvia some more.
Its pretty damn often lately that the masses are, at very best, fucking retards.

Dont tell Sarah Palin I said that tho.

seeks14
02-26-2010, 01:19 AM
AMERICAN GOVERMENT=SATANIC DICK LOVERS(freemason)
Freemasons are the builders of life..they control society!!
F*** them and there fallowers!

SR240DET
02-26-2010, 03:07 PM
We are a constitution-based federal republic right now. State rights are limited by the national government. That JBS video reminded me how the constitution and the bill of rights purpose is to limit the power of the national government, well, at-least it makes more sense if you read it in that way.