PDA

View Full Version : Low fuel warning light

KEINsm
06-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Would anybody know how much fuel is left when the warning light comes on?

nokeone
06-16-2003, 03:39 PM
check the owners manual..it might tell you..for another car i owned it did..

on that car it was at 1.5-2 gallons..it was a nissan also sooo maybe it's the same or close...:confused:

Bill Roberts
06-16-2003, 04:52 PM
My Light glows dim for the first 3 to 5 miles then glows bright orange..at this point doing 50 in 5th gear, I got 15 miles left and that is it...so if you notice the light come on...do as the owners manual says:

"You will need to get fuel very soon"

I measured it...I got 1.2 gallons left as soon as the light comes on...and thats it..Going up hills or turning left will cause a sputter when the light has been on more than about 6 or 7 mins.

This is not set in stone. It depends on how your sensor is calibrated.

IF unsure, just buy a 2 gallon gas can, put a dollar in it ...and run your car out of gas to see.

One warning, if you run your car out of gas, you are taking a chance on clogging the sock, the fuel filter, the lines or one or more injectors with trash...as most tanks have some derbris in them..

Prepare to change your fuel filter.

Just when you notice the light, go to the nearest station and gas up.

Titan
06-16-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Bill Roberts
My Light glows dim for the first 3 to 5 miles then glows bright orange..at this point doing 50 in 5th gear, I got 15 miles left and that is it...so if you notice the light come on...do as the owners manual says:

"You will need to get fuel very soon"

I measured it...I got 1.2 gallons left as soon as the light comes on...and thats it..Going up hills or turning left will cause a sputter when the light has been on more than about 6 or 7 mins.

This is not set in stone. It depends on how your sensor is calibrated.

IF unsure, just buy a 2 gallon gas can, put a dollar in it ...and run your car out of gas to see.

One warning, if you run your car out of gas, you are taking a chance on clogging the sock, the fuel filter, the lines or one or more injectors with trash...as most tanks have some derbris in them..

Prepare to change your fuel filter.

Just when you notice the light, go to the nearest station and gas up.

That's a little extreme just to check the "Low Fuel" light calibration, don't you think? ;)

I say keep it simple. If your light comes on, pull over and FILL UP! :doh:

duderiffic
06-19-2003, 02:03 AM
My light comes on around 320 miles on a tank and I usually fill up about 16 gallons after driving about 355 ~ 365. Leaving about a gallon and a half left in the tank. I think my light comes on in my 98 SE with around 2.5~3 gallons left.

Bill Roberts
06-19-2003, 05:17 AM
That's a little extreme just to check the "Low Fuel" light calibration, don't you think?

My Quote:.....Just when you notice the light, go to the nearest station and gas up.

Yep, we 240 drivers are extreme kinda guys.
:wackit:

95Blue240sx
06-19-2003, 07:51 PM
i almost drove till my car died. it started sputtering like crazy, and it wasnt even on a hill. i had to get gas in a gas can, it was a 5 gallon can. when i put it in my car the needle was a hair above E. :faint: