PDA

View Full Version : Battery Relocation and I did search!!

XnTroubleX
02-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Well I got my battery relocated this weekend and I got my positive wire ran through the cab and my ground wire done. But, on my original positive wire under the hood there was an additional plug assembly that was attached to the positive side of the battery. One plug consists of two white wires and the other one is a single thicker gauge white wire. Both were going to the fuse box. I was wandering if I needed to splice and extend these to the trunk also or is there something else I could do with these under the hood to make everything work properly. I did search and have read threads all the way back to 2008 but none answered this question so any information would be appreciated

idamaster
02-21-2010, 06:40 PM
You shouldnt have to extend these. Just run them into the positive wire thats near them.

midnight_rex
02-21-2010, 11:13 PM
they are for something in the fues box (i forget). u dont need to extend them.

XnTroubleX
02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Well Im going to just crimp some clips on them and tie them into my positive wire connected to my starter. If I have I start seeing fireworks Ill be sure to warn the rest of you! They operate a relay of some sort and nothing happens without them connected.

96Turbo
02-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Those plugs power all the stuff in your interior. Just hook it up straight to the end of ur (+) cable you ran from the trunk

MisawaJason
02-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Those plugs power all the stuff in your interior. Just hook it up straight to the end of ur (+) cable you ran from the trunk

Exactly. The + cable coming from the battery in the rear is a constant and running extra wiring would be useless. Just tie them in with the newly ran cable and you'll be good to go. Just make sure that you make a good connection

DALAZ_68
02-22-2010, 12:27 PM
they are for something in the fues box (i forget). u dont need to extend them.

This^ ... is a useless post...if you dont know what they are...how can u tell him he doesnt need em?

seriously?

silviaworks
02-22-2010, 12:40 PM
^ you fail at reading.

XnTroubleX
02-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Exactly. The + cable coming from the battery in the rear is a constant and running extra wiring would be useless. Just tie them in with the newly ran cable and you'll be good to go. Just make sure that you make a good connection

Cool, thats what I was thinking and it sounded logical but wanted some reassurance so I didnt fry anything and cause me a small stroke!! I dont mind fixing problems but I hate causing new ones. Thanks

BRAIN_Z33
08-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Sorry I know this is an old thread... but I had a question. That same connection the o.p. is talking about from the fuse box, what are you guys using to connect or how are you guys connecting them to the new + cable? I've searched but none of the threads specify clearly how they connect them. They just say connect. And the pics don't show how it just shows it bundled up in electrical tape.

I used ring terminals at the end of the new power cable and the old and the existing one that is on the the fuse cables. I ran a bolt with washers thru all 3.

My problem is after it was all done, my brake lights are on and do not turn off.

Any help or input would be appreciated. Thanks

curbhuggerrps13
08-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Your wire is grounding out somewhere

BRAIN_Z33
08-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Which one do you think exactly? New power wire, old power, or fuse box wire?