PDA

View Full Version : Nissan and this power window amp.....

GnarKiller
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
so those of you S14 owners out there know what im talking about... and my local dealer wants a woping 80 bucks for a new one list for $95....

So with that being said i was wondering if, seeing how im not too into power windows being that its just more hassel, anyone had or has known of anyone converting their power windowed S14 to manual windows and if so how... any links would be appreciated as well as any info thanks alot my fellow enthusiasts...

Zach

projectRDM
02-19-2010, 09:53 AM
You can upgrade to a 1996+ main switch and door harness which deletes the external window amp. Just find someone who's parting one out, you will need to repin the alarm wiring into the new harness unless you find a rare 1996 with OE keyless.

There was never a manual window offering on the S14.

GnarKiller
02-19-2010, 10:19 AM
I know about the non manual windowed s14, was wondering if anyone succesfully converted to manual windows and how. The car will soon have a cage with no door panels, might keep power windows if the windows I'm getting will allow proper use of them... Just think long term here, this will be no daily driver... But may just be easier to keep the power... Either that or will go with fixed lexan window with a window "within" the window....

Edited to add 2 comma's and a period, sorry if you couldn't figure that one out... I'm at work and on my phone, sorry I may have been a little rushed earlier...

projectRDM
02-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Um, sure.

Your posts went from legible to gibberish so I don't know what you just said.

GnarKiller
02-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Simmer down, simmer down... Sorry I'm at work...