PDA

View Full Version : RB20DET acceleration problems

Kali Slidn
02-18-2010, 09:18 PM
okay so i just installed my RB20 and when i put the gas all the way to the floor it takes forever to build acceleration and i cant figure out what the problem is. anyone have any ideas? i know I'm being very vague so feel free to ask me questions about my set up..

Z U L8R
02-18-2010, 10:10 PM
most likely a boost leak after the maf. check all your intercooler piping and clamps, then check the vacuum lines.

you probably forgot to tighten a clamp. basically it'll run ok until you try to build boost, then once it sees 1psi of boost, the boost leaks out but since the maf already accounted for that air to enter the engine the car runs rich as hell and wigs out.

best of luck

Dave

Kali Slidn
02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
there isn't any boost leak i checked that haha. and the engine isn't running perfect before i accelerate. it almost sounds like its missing but i have brand new spark plugs and all the coil packs are getting spark..

91drftr
02-18-2010, 11:15 PM
u might want to recheck ur coil packs cu
s if its missin like u say that might be the problem i had a similar problem but it took me a while to find since i checke my coilpacks and they seemed fine but tha problem was when the coilpack got hot under load thats when it would stop sparking.....

Kali Slidn
02-19-2010, 05:37 PM
damn i hate coils haha.
when i unplug coil number 1, 4, 5, and 6 the idle doesn't change but when i unplug coil 2 and 3 the idle changes...

smbonn2005
02-20-2010, 02:25 PM
So you need to check wiring and possibly replace all coils that dont cause an idle change

Kali Slidn
02-21-2010, 04:14 PM
i already did that. and they all produce spark just some of them dont cause idle change when unplugged.