PDA

View Full Version : KA trubo

09-02-2001, 10:42 PM
OK. I'm looking at different kits for the KA. NSoprt. Has does anyone have this turbo kit? I'm really sacred about blowing my engine because i would be out of a car so i need to know about this.. Its 240hp @wheels on 7psi. Is that OK for your engines? I'm also looking at XS..
http://www.i-m-racing.com/xs9324turkit.html
I'm not seeing a intercooler in this discribtoin. Maybe Bomes ka24det can help me out on this. BY the way your car is DOPE. I'm about looks under the hood and my performance so i would like to get the XS but why buy that when i would have to spend another grand just on a intercooler with the NSport comes with an intercooler?? I'm just really confused on which kit to get. AND has anyone heard anything about the GReddy kits coming out later this year?? I'm wondering the price and what it comes with... HELP ME GUYS
Bomex ka i need you on this one.

Big Carbon
09-02-2001, 11:26 PM
I would go with the nsport if it were me. I would upgrade the ecu and go with that because reading back i havent heard many bad things about it. I would want that one cause i heard that its the best to get for the speed. I would look into all that i could though and find the best for me though if i were you. Maybe you would like looks and from what i have heard the nsport is on the shabby side. I might be wrong though for i have never seen it. But remember this while you are choosing...performance is fashion

West
09-03-2001, 05:40 PM
If it were me I would get the NSport but then I would get a ECU and a Fuel System so you dont risk hurting the engine. If I couldnt do all that then I would get the F-Max kit. FMax is the most popular kit out there and has a good turbo setup and is properly setup to safley boost.

Check em out on rollhard.com

09-03-2001, 07:42 PM
from what i have ready on the NSport site the kit comes with all fule upgrades. So then I need JWT ECU turbo set up??

09-03-2001, 07:43 PM
Oh by the way West, your car is my dream car....hehehe

09-03-2001, 07:54 PM
OK I found what all the Kit comes with.. (NSport)
.Garrett T04B-R turbocharger
.Cast iron exhaust manifold
.Turbonetics Deltagate wastegate (7psi)
.Downpipe
.Front mount intercooler and intercooler piping (24"x11"x 2.75")
.BOV
.Fuel Pump: Walbro in-tank
.Fuel Management Unit
.All related hoses, lines, clamps and miscellaneous hardware

West... is there anything else I'm really going to need besides a turbo timer? I'm wanting to make sure i'm not going to do any damage to my Engine. Am i going to need to upgrade the fuel componets any more than what it comes with, there is a FMU with it so is that all I need. Thanks for helping me out with this. I'm new to turbos, I have been working with domestic for a while. thanks again

konkman
09-03-2001, 11:56 PM
While you guys are on the subject.

I am also looking at the Nsport stage one kit.  My question for you West,  What is the Fuel management system that is in the kit?  And when you say fuel delivery upgrades, are you just refering to injectors?  

Thanks Mark

West
09-04-2001, 09:37 AM
Yea, injectors is where the NSport kit needs improvemnt. You can feed all the fuel you want to but if your injectors arent up to the par then your SOL. MSD makes good injectors for our cars or you can get the Nismo units, but they cost a pretty penny.