PDA

View Full Version : Help!! starting problem..

sky88s
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
alright guys..

i just finished swapping in a ka24de into my 92 coupe..

heres the problem..

after the swap the car started up and ran fine..

soon after it would idle rough and just die..

so i swapped the ecu and it was idling at 900 no dying problems..i also tuned my throttle..

after i figured that out..i drove it just to find out that it would die out of no where when the RPM drops..

now the cars dead..and im STUCK!!

im asking for some ELECTRICAL ADVICE..

the battery was bad so i got a new optima yellow top just to find out the the starter is also bad..so this afternoon i swapped in a new one..

now when i try to start the car all i hear is a click from the ignotion and nothing else..not even the clicking from the starter..

please help!!!

landins13
02-17-2010, 04:06 PM
sounds like a grounding issue, did you reattache all of the grounds after swapping in the new motor?

sky88s
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
yeah grounding was one issue that i solved..im still missing one grounding wire though..

its sticking out..and idk where it belongs..

so basically there's two grounds..

one goes to the alternator and the other one is the one that idk where it belongs..

------

also i figured out the problem..

i took a test light to the ignition cable or whatever its called..the wire that turns the starter.. and the lights not coming on!

how do i solve this problem?

please help!!

also another thing..i thought about it and i think its the alternator..thats the reason why the car dies on me while im driving..the alternator is not charging so my battery is getting drained..thats what i think is wrong...

opinions please?? so i dont waste time pulling the alternator out..