PDA

View Full Version : S14 Tach Prob

OregonS14Rockstar
02-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I let my 95 S14 sit for awhile and when i went to start it my tach didnt work. What could be the problem? What things do i need to check? thanks

And would anyone know what the little red thing is on the positive battery wire? And if its bad to take it off?:bash:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5323/240sx0155.jpg

projectRDM
02-09-2010, 03:24 AM
The 'little red thing' is just a plug, the two power leads for the master fusebox connect there.

The tach signal is generated within the distributor by the CMPS, start with an FSM and verify input to and from the ECU.

seanyroche
07-31-2010, 10:47 AM
The 'little red thing' is just a plug, the two power leads for the master fusebox connect there.

The tach signal is generated within the distributor by the CMPS, start with an FSM and verify input to and from the ECU.

did you solve this problem? I was looking at a non turbo s14a with a problem with the tacho. when switched on the needle goes all the way around the clock and doesnt move???? Help needed thanks

Zenki_cb
04-15-2012, 01:48 PM
did you solve this problem? I was looking at a non turbo s14a with a problem with the tacho. when switched on the needle goes all the way around the clock and doesnt move???? Help needed thanks

Hey I'm having the same issue my tach is all the way touching the clock needle. Did you ever solve this problem.