PDA

View Full Version : SR20 GODS! NEED HELP, Mild Engine Building, Need Refrences, questions to be answered!

Subaru2.5RSTI
02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey everyone!, This is my first nissan im building to go into my s13, ok bought the car with the s14 sr20 in it and everything done for 3k with a silvia front good deal i know, so having an untuned s14 sr the detenation finnaly caught up to me and i had a golfball sized hole in my piston thankfully nothing suffered from it no scrapes on the crank no holes or anything just that the piston wall was fucked lol. So i have ALOT of questions and i need the sr20 gods to help me out

So heres the setup im going with,
CP pistons 87.mm 8:5:1
Crower steel rods with h11 22,000 psi fastners
All ACl bearings,
ARP head studs and main studs
Cosworth metal headgasket 1.5mm
HKS 87.mm sleeves or Darton sleeves?
Crower stainless valves
Tomei RAS
crower valves and valve springs
crower 264/264 stage 2 cams
Ati super crankshaft dampner
750cc injectors
all new pumps and gaskets, waterpump, timing chain etc. etc
APEXi power FC?
i have all the engine details but this post would be 2 pages long lol

Ok so my questions!
1. Since im going with new sleeves which is better the darton or hks or are there more choices?
2. second does anyone know A perfect machine shop i was thinkning of taking my engine to golden eagle here in CA
3. whats wrong with using the hydraulic lifters, mine arent bad my engine had 40k when it blew, should i go solid lifters?
4. for the valves if i go .5mm over then do i need new valve guides?
5. "ROUGHly" what safe numbers would a like setup produce
6. since i dont want vvt and my sensor was unplugged to begin with how do i fully remove it? just put a bolt in the sensor hole and call it a day?
7. is the apexi power fc anygood? Answer: for my power goals and and the accesibility with the lcd screen ive decided to go with the PFC
8. since i didnt bend a valve or anything like that would i need to replace the valve guides with this valvetrain setup?
Ill come up with more i know it this is good for now though

i will also be making a journal about all this and selling some stuff, t28, springs and retainers, camshafts, sensors , clutches manifolds etc

Subaru2.5RSTI
02-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Please help bump!!

Subaru2.5RSTI
02-07-2010, 07:52 PM
are the sr20 gods watching ths superbowl?

jspaeth
02-07-2010, 08:55 PM
3) No for the kind of power goals you are looking at and those cams, which don't rev past 8100, you don't need solid lifters.....plus doing that properly requires a LOT of work, and you have to reshim the head pretty frequently.

5) Those cams with an S14 T28 you could probably lay down like 300 ft-lbs of tq and 320-340 hp (just a guess).

7) For this kind of setup, yes PFC is good.

Subaru2.5RSTI
02-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the advice!
Cool, i really didnt want to shim my head everytime i go to 711 lol i was going to buy rpsport shim tool if i was going to solid.
300-300 sounds reliable
ok pfc it is i was reading and ive made up my choice about the power fc

Subaru2.5RSTI
02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
BUMpity Bump Bump

sdrmiami
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
CP pistons 87.mm 8:5:1 ----- Good
Crower steel rods with h11 22,000 psi fastners------ good
All ACl bearings,-------good
ARP head studs and main studs-----good
Cosworth metal headgasket 1.5mm------ ok ( apexi )
HKS 87.mm sleeves or Darton sleeves?------- Darton
Crower stainless valves---- (i have 800hp and have stock valves )
Tomei RAS ----- good
crower valves and valve springs------ good
crower 264/264 stage 2 cams ------ good
Ati super crankshaft dampner ----- Great (i sell them ... hint hint)
750cc injectors ------ good
all new pumps and gaskets, waterpump, timing chain etc. etc ------ goo idea
APEXi power FC? ----- as long as you have some1 to tue it for you it ok..
i have all the engine details but this post would be 2 pages long lol ----- email me [email protected] if you want..

Ok so my questions!
1. Since im going with new sleeves which is better the darton or hks or are there more choices? DARTON
2. second does anyone know A perfect machine shop i was thinkning of taking my engine to golden eagle here in CA. WE BUILD THE BOTTOM END
3. whats wrong with using the hydraulic lifters, mine arent bad my engine had 40k when it blew, should i go solid lifters? SOLID LIFTERS ARE GREAT YOU JUST NEED TO SHIMM THEM PROPERLY
4. for the valves if i go .5mm over then do i need new valve guides? YES
5. "ROUGHly" what safe numbers would a like setup produce 500HP WITH A GOOD TURBO
6. since i dont want vvt and my sensor was unplugged to begin with how do i fully remove it? just put a bolt in the sensor hole and call it a day? LEAVE IT THEIR WHEN YOU GET CAMS AND CAM GEARS IT WILL NOT WORK
7. is the apexi power fc anygood? Answer: for my power goals and and the accesibility with the lcd screen ive decided to go with the PFC
8. since i didnt bend a valve or anything like that would i need to replace the valve guides with this valvetrain setup? NO
Ill come up with more i know it this is good for now though---- LET ME KNOW

i will also be making a journal about all this and selling some stuff, t28, springs and retainers, camshafts, sensors , clutches manifolds etc

LET ME KNOW IF WE CAN HELP IN ANY OTHER WAY

Subaru2.5RSTI
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Your the best! haha you actually took time to read and answer all the questions thanks! more opinions!

Subaru2.5RSTI
02-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Your the best! haha you actually took time to read and answer all the questions thanks! more opinions! I will be submitting my full details of my build if you dont mind

midnight_rex
02-11-2010, 01:02 PM
why dont you buy all new rocker arms, shims, and guides. u wont have to worry about the shimming tool and ull have all new valvetaine components.

why stay with a t2 turbo? why not go with something like a gt30 ot t3/t4 setup? seeing as ur going with upgraded bottom end, get the best out of it on a really good tune.

id definately go with the haltech ems system though.

steve shadows
02-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Power FC L JETRO

OR

Haltech EMS

hit me up for Dyno Tuning or Remote Mapping

sdrmiami
02-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Your the best! haha you actually took time to read and answer all the questions thanks! more opinions! I will be submitting my full details of my build if you dont mind

no problem, email me [email protected]