PDA

View Full Version : s14 havin toubles

driftwhat
02-04-2010, 05:41 PM
!Hey guys, im stumped here. The car is a sr swap and im having "bogging" troubles while driving. When starting off or low rpm range till about 4500 rpm the car is super slugish and really has no get up and go, you couldnt tell at idle it idles fine.......

Ive checked the following:
plugs (gaps etc...)
injectors
MAF (unplugged and car wanted to die)
intercooler pipe gaskets
The wastegate dosnt seem to move when reving the car up, is this normal? I was told it could be stuck open or closed? Im lost and am running out of ideas.

Its a 97 s14 with a sr20 with a t25 ball bearing turbo.

All suggestions would be greatly apprecated! Thanks!!

Z U L8R
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
your wastegate won't open until it reaches the boost it's set to, in stock form it's ~7psi, yours might be adjustable and set to 15. whatever psi your boost gets to when you floor it is what yours is set to......and it definately won't make full boost revving it up in neutral...or even first gear for that matter..

that's not your problem.

it honestly sounds like your IGNITION timing (not timing chain)is retarded. it can be adjusted correctly by moving the cam angle sensor within it's adjustment slots and using a timing light to dial it in to 15 degrees advanced.

quick, easy, and cheap fix, even if you pay a local professional to set it for you.

best of luck,

Dave

driftwhat
02-06-2010, 01:47 PM
well you can tell its running rich you can smell it. fixed some vacuum leaks and some engine grounds, check all the intake arm and charge pipes for leaks found nothing, cleaned the MAF.

Its running smoother but still slugish until boost. Noticed that the turbo seal is gone.....

Z U L8R
02-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Why does everyone do everything else except what you suggest they do.....

"hey, i have a problem eating this banana, what should i do?"

"you should peel the banana, then eat it."

"oh, so i can just eat the banana then right? well i put the banana in the microwave, looked at it for a second, weighed it on my scale...but i'm still not able to eat it. what do you think i should do?"

"peel the banana, then eat it."

"well, i heard from someone else, that i could squeeze the banana then eat the parts that ooze out of the outer layer, i think i'm gonna try that."

"ok....it'd probably be easier to just peel it, then eat it."

"well i noticed there was some brown specs on the banana, so i had them analyzed and no problem was found. I'M STUCK, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!??"

that's how i feel sometimes. some of you understand where i'm coming from lol

Dave

driftwhat
02-06-2010, 03:33 PM
im goin to check the ignition timing bud, didnt mean to disrespect you I didnt get the message till after and I dont have a timing light. but I am for sure going to take you thought into retrospect!!

Z U L8R
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM
np man, best of luck
Dave