PDA

View Full Version : Good E-01 base boost setting?

kikcaffine
02-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Im trying to set my e-01, and having a bit of trouble getting a boost setting for it. I have the base boost set at 8psi while high boost is set to 12psi with 70% duty cycle. With it Im seeing 12.3 psi, but the controller wont let me do less than 10% increments. It seems at 60% it wouldnt get to the boost level, so Im thinking my duty cycle I want to be at is inbetween there. What are other people that are running these things have them set at?

slider2828
02-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Do a search, I wrote an article about this.....

and definitely not 10% increments.....

Z U L8R
02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
yeah chris, if you're at 70% duty cycle and only getting 12psi....something's not hooked up right...

Com = to wastegate
NO to boost source
NC= vented (nothing for internal, switch NC and NO for external)

i know you're running an internal wastegate so your vacuum hoses at the boost controller should look like an L.

duty 10% to start off (probably won't do crap until ~20, just sayin but better safe than sorry)

gain 10-35 whichever helps hold boost on your itty bitty turbo better

set gain ("start boost") set 3 psi lower than your target boost of what the profec is saying you're boosting, not your boost guage as they may read different...

then slowly raise the solenoid duty until you reach your desired boost level. if it holds great leave the gain alone. if it doesn't hold, raise the gain and lower the solenoid duty % or boost will spike.

then once you have it dialed in, set your warning a psi above your peak boost and have it take away 5%-10% if warning is reached.

or...just wait till tomorrow and if we can get some dyno time after work i'll set it up for ya where we can log the boost and you won't get a ticket or kill babies lol

Dave :lfault:

kikcaffine
02-04-2010, 07:48 AM
yeah chris, if you're at 70% duty cycle and only getting 12psi....something's not hooked up right...

Com = to wastegate
NO to boost source
NC= vented (nothing for internal, switch NC and NO for external)

i know you're running an internal wastegate so your vacuum hoses at the boost controller should look like an L.

duty 10% to start off (probably won't do crap until ~20, just sayin but better safe than sorry)

gain 10-35 whichever helps hold boost on your itty bitty turbo better

set gain ("start boost") set 3 psi lower than your target boost of what the profec is saying you're boosting, not your boost guage as they may read different...

then slowly raise the solenoid duty until you reach your desired boost level. if it holds great leave the gain alone. if it doesn't hold, raise the gain and lower the solenoid duty % or boost will spike.

then once you have it dialed in, set your warning a psi above your peak boost and have it take away 5%-10% if warning is reached.

or...just wait till tomorrow and if we can get some dyno time after work i'll set it up for ya where we can log the boost and you won't get a ticket or kill babies lol

Dave :lfault:
THIS!:hitit: