PDA

View Full Version : S13 SR owners help me out real quick

g6civcx
02-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Assuming you have an S13 SR running in good shape with the factory ECU, if you can spend a few minutes helping me diagnose a car that is far away from me.

While the car is idling, unplug the MAF, the idle will be a little rougher but the car should still run. Now unplug the #4 injector. Do you notice a difference in the idle?

This next step requires cutting one wire and will make the car run very rich so don't do it unless you're hardcore and really want to help me out.

With the MAF and all injectors plugged in and everything idling like normal, cut the ground wire to the #4 injector and connect the injector ground wire straight to chassis ground.

This should make the #4 injector stick open. What happens to the idle now?

jspaeth
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Assuming you have an S13 SR running in good shape with the factory ECU, if you can spend a few minutes helping me diagnose a car that is far away from me.

While the car is idling, unplug the MAF, the idle will be a little rougher but the car should still run. Now unplug the #4 injector. Do you notice a difference in the idle?

This next step requires cutting one wire and will make the car run very rich so don't do it unless you're hardcore and really want to help me out.

With the MAF and all injectors plugged in and everything idling like normal, cut the ground wire to the #4 injector and connect the injector ground wire straight to chassis ground.

This should make the #4 injector stick open. What happens to the idle now?

MINOR favor haha

Z U L8R
02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
it should hold that injector wide open, flood, and possibly even hydrolock cylinder 4.

if it makes your car idle smoother then your injector is clogged, not broken, just clogged/restricted. replace bad injector

Dave

g6civcx
02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
MINOR favor haha

I don't understand your comment. I already posted this:

don't do it unless you're hardcore and really want to help me out

it should hold that injector wide open, flood, and possibly even hydrolock cylinder 4

I already told him this but he does not believe me. The #4 injector wire to the ECU was shorted to ground.

Someone else needs to chim in.

if it makes your car idle smoother then your injector is clogged, not broken, just clogged/restricted. replace bad injector

When the fuel pump is priming, there is a gurgling noise in the fuel rail.

The car will start but the idle is erratic. Sometimes the idle will rev to about 2000 RPM and then die.

It then becomes hard to start. When you do start it up again it will run very rough.

Trying to open the throttle makes the exhaust very rich and backfire, and eventually the engine stalls.

xpertsnowcarver
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Injector will spray continuously when key is in on position if grounded directly to the chassis.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/XpertSnowCarver/blahjhfhfhf.jpg

jspaeth
02-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't understand your comment.

Hey man no hard feelings I was just being goofy....like "not asking much of ya but...."

Sorry if it got lost in translation