PDA

View Full Version : T/C Rod Bushing install cost

Wei240
06-09-2003, 05:21 PM
So I'm going to replace my T/C rod bushing (just bushings itself) with the whiteline one's seen on pdm and I don't have tools to replace them myself (don't have a press, blowtorch...), how much does shops usually charge to replace it?
I noticed alot of shops don't have presses and I went to one, he wanted to charge 50 to change both, I think it's a little on the pricey side, for those who had a shop do it for you, what's a reasonable price? and if anyone knows a socal shop that won't rip me off, that would be great!

MorganS13
06-09-2003, 06:31 PM
i think $0-$20 is pretty reasonable just to press the bushings in.

scandalcat1
06-09-2003, 09:08 PM
$50 is just a little over the norm, but still good. a machine shop will do it right, assuming they are competent

i2ice4m3
06-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Thats CHEAP!!!!!! All the shops wanted 80 at least for mine. I said screw it and just did it myself. Blowtorch didnt work for me, so i used a drill and drilled the rubber out along with the metal piece in the rubber, hacked the outside metal part of the bushing, then popped it out. Once you get the hang of it, it'll take about 10mins tops per bushing. It really wasnt that hard. To put the new ones in, I used the bottom of my car and my carjack. Took a little while, but can be done. After all that, i saved myself $80!