PDA

View Full Version : Internal or external wastegate?

11Past9
01-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Excuse my ignorance but I'm downloading the HKS EVC II manual off of the site and there is an external and internal wastegate option. I'm assuming it's internal... but just to be sure.

It's a stock turbo black top sr motor with bolt ons.

01-22-2010, 09:46 AM
internal..

s14unimog
01-22-2010, 11:13 AM
If you couldn't tell by looking at it, then you need to learn more about your engine before you turn the boost up.

^what he said....

This is the sad truth behind 90% of SR owners...

BlitzRPS13
01-22-2010, 11:54 AM
If you couldn't tell by looking at it, then you need to learn more about your engine before you turn the boost up.

^what he said....

This is the sad truth behind 90% of SR owners...

msg length

11Past9
01-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I was trying turn the boost DOWN not up. Because its very cold here and I don't want to risk messing anything up.

cotbu
01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
cold weather is the best time to turn boost up, if the flux capacitor is working correctly that is.

Try keeping you foot off the accelerator a little, if your not tuned.

P.S. do more reading about your car, it's setup and then ask ?'s
This is what i gather, I just bought a 40 with srtwinky and its got a lotta toys on it. tell me how to use them.

XnTroubleX
01-22-2010, 06:24 PM
While your reading to learn about your car and how it works, read about zilvia and how it works!!

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-small-questions-thread-use-insted-making-new-threads.html?highlight=small

Silviaoneday
01-22-2010, 06:35 PM
cold weather is the best time to turn boost up, if the flux capacitor is working correctly that is.

Try keeping you foot off the accelerator a little, if your not tuned.

P.S. do more reading about your car, it's setup and then ask ?'s
This is what i gather, I just bought a 40 with srtwinky and its got a lotta toys on it. tell me how to use them.

If you could read they guys says he wants the boost down not UP. Your factory turbo has a internal wastegate. With basic mods, FMIC,exhaust,intake filter, you shouldn't be creeping much past the factory psi setting, unless you have other problems. The best way to learn on the forum is by other threads or using google.

11Past9
01-22-2010, 06:47 PM
The enthalpy ecu is tuned. It was tuned at 18psi.

Silviaoneday
01-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I was about to ask if you had a tuning tool. You will def need a boost controller to fix that issue. 18psi on a stock motor is retarded. There's a lot of threads on here discussing whats safe for the motor you have, read up! Hope it works out for you man.

11Past9
01-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Here's my mods list:
double post

11Past9
01-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Here's my mods list:

s14 sr20det approx 40,000 miles
greddy front mount intercooler
koyo radiator
hks ssq blow off valve
blitz downpipe
greddy ti exhaust
z32 mass air flow sensor
tomei 740cc injectors
fuel pressure regulator
walboro fuel pump
Enthalpy tuned Ecu
hks evc 2 boost controller
carbon fiber dash trim kit
autopower roll bar
sparco harnesses
bride digo seats
sparco steering wheel
new black carpet
enkei evo 8 wheels
z32 front brakes
brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors front and rear
new bridgestone potenza reo1r tires
car was repainted black metallic 3 months ago
alpine head unit
4 jl audio 6.5 in speakers
tien s tech springs
tokico blue shocks
spec stage 2 clutch
Aem Uego wide band
Spi boost gauge
Kaaz 1.5 way limited slip differential

cotbu
01-22-2010, 09:24 PM
If you could read they guys says he wants the boost down not UP.
For the record, I just learned how to read.
Not anywhere did he mention, the mystery boost level that he wanted to turn down.
Turn Off Boost-controller. Hook boost signal line directly to wastegate, but he's not sure if his srtwinky has an internal or external wastegate. He may have purchased the car with an external setup. YOU_ DON'T_ KNOW! Do you?
Factoid: Cold weather, Best time to turn boost up.
And Now where hit with the modlist....!

I was about to ask if you had a tuning tool. You will def need a boost controller to fix that issue. 18psi on a stock motor is retarded. There's a lot of threads on here discussing whats safe for the motor you have, read up! Hope it works out for you man.
Blind leading the blind, If you could read he has an hks evc 2 boost controller!

koukimonster139
01-22-2010, 09:38 PM
heh heh my dd KA loves cold weather seems to gain hp when i rape it upon cold start