PDA

View Full Version : RB25DET question.

Brok3n_RB25
01-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Ok, so I bought a 240sx with an RB25 swap. It was hastily done and some costly mistakes were made when the install was done prior to me buying it. The crankcase vent off the block was plumbing to the hot side charge piping and was pressurizing the block. The timing belt skipped and bent valves. I figure while it's apart for the headwork that I should just put new rings and bearings in it anyway. My question is.... should I just buy a new long block for cheaper than it would cost to have the head rebuilt and new rings/bearings put in the block?

BooStedS13SleePeR
01-21-2010, 06:33 PM
well the question is are u gonna do the work yourself or is someone else doing it? if ur gonna do it then no but if your paying someone to then abousolutly.cuz im sure its gonna be a few bucks for what u want done.

Z U L8R
01-21-2010, 06:51 PM
get an automatic rb25 motorset for $1500 or whatever you can find it for. then you have a good motor to drop right in, an extra wiring harness, extra ecu, extra coil packs and ignitor, extra maf, etc etc extra parts, AND now you can do a FULL build on your piece of junk motor at your convenience. you can take your time and build it right while you drive around.....if you sell your ecu/harness/coil packs then you came out of pocket even less....

that's the best option imo

gl,

Dave

SinGarage
01-22-2010, 12:39 PM
get an automatic rb25 motorset for $1500 or whatever you can find it for. then you have a good motor to drop right in, an extra wiring harness, extra ecu, extra coil packs and ignitor, extra maf, etc etc extra parts, AND now you can do a FULL build on your piece of junk motor at your convenience. you can take your time and build it right while you drive around.....if you sell your ecu/harness/coil packs then you came out of pocket even less....

that's the best option imo

gl,

Dave

That sound like me :hsdance:. I definitely agree with Dave. If you have that extra dough, that would be the best route and have all the extra parts.

OBEEWON
01-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Yep. Even long blocks are fairly cheap.

bardabe
01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I 2nd Dave;s opinion

Brok3n_RB25
01-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Ok, thanks for the input guys. I'm looking into getting a longblock and just refreshing it with new rings and bearings when I get it anyway. That way I have a solid head and a block that won't go out on me.