PDA

View Full Version : Call for help...If you have ABS please read

twitchy
06-05-2003, 10:43 PM
I dont like ABS and I wish I didnt even have it, especially tonight.
Im hoping someone reads this who has had the same thing happen to them so I can figure out what happened.

Tonight my car was sitting for about 3 hours and when I started the car again, the ABS light was on, in orange. There was no indication that anything was wrong prior to that whatsoever.

Obviously I had no antilock function.

Stopping the engine and restarting it seems fine, about 15 seconds later the light comes back on though.

The pump stays running, making its usual whirring noise constantly, even when they keys arent in the car.

Consequently I unplugged the wiring harness that powers the pump so it wouldnt burn itself out, since theyre expensive!

any help would be appreciated, anything at all, including locations for relays, etc.

thanks in advance

twitch

kandyflip445
06-06-2003, 03:44 AM
When the ABS light comes on the ABS should not be functioning. All ABS have a failsafe so that if it sees that something is wrong it will shut off and act as if there is no ABS at all. I'd say get it looked at by a tech. I could do the diagnosis for you but I don't think you live near me...:doh: If you had an FSM you could probably do it yourself.