PDA

View Full Version : sr20det runnin really rough HELP

rvas13
01-17-2010, 08:56 AM
so as i was driving one day my sr started to sound like a wrx. i checked spark and fuel and it checked off in all cylinders. checked voltage and resistance to all components( ign chip, maf, cas) still running like shit. i swapped my ignitor with a friends working sr and it still is shitty. i replaced all spark plugs BKR7E and replaced a coil pack that had hair line cracks.. idk what is going on it really sounds like its running on 3 cylinders..

here is a video i took (excuse the screaming belt) also the fuel injector you see leaking was just one with a bad o ring damaged from swapping the injectors around, which is fixed now and still running the same.

if anyone has had this similar problem please help me out.

View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/2u93cx5/6)

cotbu
01-17-2010, 10:37 AM
broken rocker arm! or maybe awol shim and guide. pull valve cover for inspection.

Ceepo
01-17-2010, 10:40 AM
^try his first, sounds like that for sure...

Wow car sounds like ass lol... sorry...

Check compression, also and you positive all the injectors are working properly, i dont think a bad maf would cause you to run like shit like that, check the ecu for codes, also check for vacuum leaks...

fcdrifter20
01-17-2010, 02:34 PM
sounds like a busted rocker arm.

i would go with what cotbu says. pull of the cover then take a look at everything first. if u dont see anything right away, spin the motor over by hand and see if anything goes out of place while ur spinning it

rvas13
01-18-2010, 08:55 AM
yes all injectors work. we tested them first swapping mine out for my friends who also had 555cc injectors and put mine in his car and his ran fine while mine still ran shitty.

ive checked all vacume lines and they are all good.

i have yet to check for codes(that side of my dash lights dont work for some reason)
i know you can pull the ecu cover off and check that light. but do i have to use a wire to check the codes

correct me if im wrong but ive heard that the nut on the wire harness if you turn it a certain way it will tell you the codes..?

cotbu
01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
ok good luck, with that..!?

rvas13
01-19-2010, 08:54 AM
since the rocker arm is probably broken should i replace the valves aswell?

rvas13
01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
took cover off.. broke RA into 3 pieces....
picking up a head tomorrow to either part for now then rebuild.

checked the valves and noting looks bent or messed up so lets pray haha