PDA

View Full Version : Where do i put my guages?

speeddreamz
06-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Well, i got this trust boost guage, 60mm for my sr20, but i got no place to put it ! I ghetto rigged it with a nail and bracket to right above my fan climate controls. I am thinking 3 options.

1. A-Pillar Guages, Ive seen the dual ones for like a auto meter guages, but i;ve yet to see dual 60mm duals. Ive seen a greddy trust 60mm one but a single? would 2 sets of those work well ?

2. Has anyone ever seen this ? Take out the air vents in the center, since i dont have a/c anyways and go ahead and stick the 2- or 3 60mm guages in there somehow...where ? anyone know how to take the vents out?

3. put the guages on top of the dash or ontop of the steering wheel with gauage pod brackets?

personally i am thining 1 or 2.... i just needa know if its possible to do the air vents.

Kreator
06-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Ok for the boost gauge.... there is an awesome sleeper spot my friend found out which i LOVED. It's under hte steering wheel in the right corner, a little deeper than your foot will go... It can't be seen from the outside while you have a perdect view of it while driving.... too bad i can't use it <- My boost gauge is 80mm (also greddy) and my legs are pretty long, so it gets in the way. I am putting an a/f gauge there though

Taking out the center vents: psi240sx did that on his s14 (iirc). It looked damn nice as long as you are fine with air not coming through in the center... I wouldnt' do it for a single gauge though.

A pillar: not my personal choice

There is a guy around my place which has a custom piece on top of his dash. Also looks very nice, but i wouldn't go through the trouble for a single gauge...

speeddreamz
06-05-2003, 06:02 PM
My bad, forgot to mention 2-3 guages for future, 1 for now, 2 for sure 3 maybe .... boost , air/fuel , and oil temp/pressure/egt ??? maybe

YoungRookie
06-05-2003, 07:07 PM
I have seen it done in the little peice that opens up to hold things in that is beside the e brake handle. he took it out and got a custon peice iof carbon fiber to fit the rectangle and cut out a circle for the gauge. altough the gauge isnt very visable during driving unless you look down at it.

Phlip
06-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Move your radio down a spot, to where that tray is right now, then put the gauges where that tray would be in a little plastic or aluminum panel that you can make yourself... That way, it will be just below the HVAC controls and not far out of view...

Steeles
06-06-2003, 08:52 AM
I've actually got one of the Blitz DIN sized guage holders for the spot under your radio I dont use..(its for 60mm guages which are getting rare to find) if your intrested PM me :) Three guages will fit in it.

the head
06-08-2003, 10:27 PM
s 13 center vent has four tabs on it behind the dash just press them in and push it out i have three gauges in there mounted to an aluminium plate