PDA

View Full Version : GT28RS On Stock Redtop?

traxx07
01-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Should I upgrade anything? What is the boost setting that I can run with the stock injectors.

My Setup:

Stock Head and Bottom End
Walbro
3" Downpipe
3" Full Exhaust

I know Ill need injectors and some type of tune to boost it up but just wanting to know what is safe.

If there is no way I can run this on a stock redtop lmk what is a simply setup I can run with it. (Ex. 550cc, z32 maf, etc.)

Thanks!

Z33dori
01-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Running the stock injectors, you might be able to push 12psi or. If you have a windband i say take the chance, if it gets too lean then turn it back down.

But if you don't wanna take the chance, either leave the boost stock, or wait till you get at least injectors.

EDIT: well 12psi might be a bit much now that i think of it. If the 28RS really flows the needed amount more than the T28 from S14/S15 then its likely to max out the injectors and maf at much lower psi.

traxx07
01-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Yeah I was thinking about running it at 7 and not pushing it to even close to redline untile i get injectors.

4x4le
01-16-2010, 11:06 PM
dont upgrade the turbo until your ready to do the rest of the needed items. If its a deal you have to get right now, then go for it and leave it in the box. Just wait till your ready to make the move. It would be redundant to cause an issue being cheap and have it cost you engine damage.

Killa_D
01-17-2010, 12:47 AM
didnt i already answered this lol?