PDA

View Full Version : need help wiring new speakers to active amps in s13 SE coupe.

youarenottricky
01-13-2010, 02:54 PM
im trying to wire my speakers to the stock S13 Coupe SE active speaker amps in the door, and need to figure out which is the positive and negative wires coming from the amp. i'm pretty sure red is positive and the white is ground, but could be mistaken. i know a lot of you guys will probably tell me to just wire my speakers straight from the head unit and take out the amps, but i want to give this a try and at least see how they sound. i read somewhere that it sounds better to some. im not running a seperate amp, so that's why this might be beneficial to me =]. im currently working on the drivers side door, so the other wire colors might be different. once i get this side done, i can figure the rest out.

thanks for the help!

kingkilburn
01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Are you talking about from the amp to the speaker? If so it doesn't really matter as long as both speakers are wired the same.

youarenottricky
01-13-2010, 04:58 PM
sweet... thanks for the info... i actually just got done trying out the red/positive - white/ground theory, and it worked out for me... ill remember that for future reference though... thanks!