PDA

View Full Version : bov question

sr20det drift
01-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I always thought that the bov should be 6" from the throttle body. How come on some s13 redtops they are very close to the turbo?

Hashiriya415
01-09-2010, 09:57 PM
you should have also 6" wide wheels. But everyone goes with 18x10" with a stock 120hp KA motor. Why do people do what they feel like doing? You come up with an answer

sr20det drift
01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
it was a question, if you dont have an answer dont say anything.

robertftw
01-09-2010, 10:34 PM
It is that way on the factory system, The bov (or bypass valve as refered on stock cars) is put close to the turbo so it can easly be recirculated into the intake tube in front of the turbo and behind the maf to stop idling and rich condition problems from the air being blown of into the atmosphere on stock maf controled cars. Hope that answered your question.

punxva
01-09-2010, 10:36 PM
well from my understanding people run them on the cold pipe for better response, the best way i can illustrate this is, say you are letting off to shift, now if your piping is still full of boost and the throttle plate closes your car blows off, now if its on your cold side it'll blow off and still have all of that boost from the turbo all the way to the blow off for the most part, minus the amount dumped to the atmosphere. When you open the throttle again you will still have a good amount of pressure there, now if you had it on the hot side now you have a section of air missing that travels through the piping. Which is not as responsive, it's really all up to personal preference i run mine on the cold side on my ka-t setup.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense

sr20det drift
01-09-2010, 10:41 PM
thanks for the help

punxva
01-09-2010, 10:42 PM
np man good luck