PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Ka24de oil catch can set up!

Audio Puppet
01-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I need help with where to connect my greddy oil catch can on my de. I read so many forums and I still can't figure out what's the best place to connect the catch can to. Can anyone help me out!

NISMO_tuner
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Is the KA turboed? If it's NA you have no need for an oil catch can.

Brian
01-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah but it will still look bling bling.

I'm interested too.

Audio Puppet
01-08-2010, 05:03 PM
It's a NA. So no need for one on a NA? Y is that? And if it's turbo wich I plan to do soon how would I set up the catch can?

NISMO_tuner
01-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Nope you don't need it on a NA.
If you want to run it on the NA, you can pull the hose from the top of the valve cover and plug one side of the can to the cover and the other side to the intake tube.
It won't serve any real purpose, other than looks.

Audio Puppet
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
How would u hook it up on a turbo?

NISMO_tuner
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Basically same concept. One side hooks up the the valve cover and the other on the intake side. The catch can is used to catch excess oil and vapors.

here's something I found on another tech forum (Boosted Hybrid)

"There is two methods in which you can run the catch cans. One is to run the catch can system in the "open loop" set-up. You allow the oil to drain back into the block once its gathered in any amount at the bottom of the can. The second method is "closed loop", or to just run both the feeds into the can, and have the bottom plugged. At the plug there is usually a drain style fitting that allows you to drain the can periodically. Open loop is easy to maintain (nothing to really do), but closed loop is more effective since it doesnt allow any oil vapors to recirculate back into the block. I set up all my catchcans in the close loop set-up. The key thing to making the closed loop set-up work is mounting the catch can low in the engine bay to make sure that the lines coming into the can, can properly drain."

"You want to mount the can up high in the end bay so that the vapor can pass into the can, but the oil cannot (or at least slows it down considerably). You are correct that the breather in either situation closed/open loop will have atmospheric pressure within the can, but that is why you mount it up high in the engine bay."

Kenji001
01-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Positive Crankcase Evacuation Explained: KA24ET / KA24DET Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=446254)

Audio Puppet
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Awesome! Thanks for all the help guys!

jdm213
01-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah but it will still look bling bling.

I'm interested too.
blin bling means cha ching $ for no reason:nono: