PDA

View Full Version : Car Stalls When Clutch is in

rubbersidedown
06-01-2003, 03:58 PM
My car doesn't usually stall when i put the clutch in at slow speeds.. But i did a little testing and the car always stills consitently when i do the following.. I run the car all the way to 5th gear and about 45-50mph and then i put the clutch in and let the rpms fall. Instead of the car falling to an idle it just stalls and shuts down. It does do it sometimes at low speeds but it consistantly does it when at high speeds.

The car has one other small problem at well, i dunno if it has anything to do with the stalling though. When i first turn on my car my clock on the radio will turn on but it pulses (fades in and out) but when the car warms up it just shuts off all together. If i try and turn the radio on itself then i hear the speakers pop like the power is on but nothing comes out and the radio still doesn't light up. I know its probably just a bad ground or something but i'm just putting in as much info as i can in case maybe it will help w/ the overall diagnosis. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If i'm being too vague or haven't provided enough info then just say so and i'll go back and see what else the car does.

Apparition
06-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Adjust your choke I believe for the idling.

Power problems are annoying to figure out, get a local shop to run power tests, that usually locates the problem.

mrmephistopheles
06-01-2003, 05:04 PM
erm... choke? riiiight.
I'd say first check your electrical system, as it sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere. the stalling issue could be caused by this, but i'd check your intake for leaks (after the MAF), and check your AIV to insure it's connected, as this can sometimes cause problems..

240Stilo
06-01-2003, 05:22 PM
I had the same problem recently and mrmephesto...whatever is right. ;) Check your alternator and your battery. Unfortunately for me I have an oil leak that causes the alternator not to perform well which in turn drains my battery. So I am currently having to clean the alternator frequently to keep the oil out of it so it works well. 3 problems...1 solution, fix the damn leak. Ok ranting, sorry.

rubbersidedown
06-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Am i mistaken or has my thread been hi-jacked? the thread topic turned to "wastegate not working need help" suddenly. What i mean is, the actual title of the thread in the "Tech Talk" forum has changed.

mrmephistopheles
06-01-2003, 09:01 PM
oops. that's my fault. I'll fix it!

justeno_heat
06-01-2003, 10:46 PM
yeah that is my thread, I was wondering about that. It just suddenly changed.