PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Core Sopport/Silvia Front End Conversion

nissanspeed002
05-31-2003, 09:53 PM
If anyone has either, please let me know and price. Preferably something on the east coast within driving distance of like 300 miles from North New Jersey. If anyone has it, please let me know.

nissanspeed002
06-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Someone out there has to have a s13 wrecked in the rear and a sawzall, right?:cry:

adey
06-07-2003, 04:41 AM
I do have a front core/radiator support (same thing, right?) but I'm out here in LA. :( It's heavy and hard enough to carry around, so I would imagine sending it would not be an option, esp. considering how much it would cost...

nissanspeed002
06-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Do you have a picture by any chance? I wouldnt think it'd be taht heavy since its a thin gauge metal. Thanks for the reply.

adey
06-07-2003, 06:48 PM
unfortunately I do not have a picture at this time. It is, however, a lot heavier than you'd believe. =) Trust me. Then again, this piece has both the front core support and pass side inner fender and aprons all the way to the firewall. that's probably a contributing factor to the weight. The core support itself probably weights 15 to 20lb.. the whole thing that I have now probably weights almost 50lbs.
Anyway I'll try to snap some photos for you by next week.

nissanspeed002
06-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Yea thats probally what makes it so heavy. The part i need is jsut the front. If you'd be willing to sawzall off what i need, i'd be seriosuly interested. You can check out this link and you can see the condition of my car, and get an idea of what type of work it needs. Once again i am really interested so please keep in touch. I'd also be willing to do powder coating for you in some sort of trade if you were interested. Thanks again.

http://www.trgperformance.com/240sx/frontclipgone1.jpg
http://www.trgperformance.com/240sx/frontclipgone3.JPG

adey
06-08-2003, 10:55 AM
ouchhhhhh... I feel your pain though, I really do. I got into an accident that looked similar (but more off to a side), but ended up having the thing pulled out to something vaguely resembling its original form.
Anyway I will see what I can do. your best bet would probably be to go junkyard hopping, but worst comes to worst, shipping (via truck freight) should be about $50 I'm guessing, but very possibly more.
Good luck!