PDA

View Full Version : slow KA?

Mista Lee
01-02-2010, 06:19 PM
(excuse my use of noob terms, it's the only way i can describe the problem..)
So here's my problem..
I've got a kade in my vert and i've got this problem where it doesn't really pull hard..
ex: Let's say I'm merging onto the freeway and i need to floor it for some reason.. It will not give me a "sudden boost in speed" if i floor it. In my case, my car would just VERY slowly/gradually gain speed with no sudden kick.
some info about the car ( that could maybe make a difference?)
-Stock KADE, converted to 5 speed
-welded diff.

I'm clueless as to what the problem could be.. HELP! :sadwavey:

edit:
One more question..
My odometer and speedometer aren't functioning at all. I've checked behind the guage cluster and everything is connected. Also checked to see if i even had a speed sensor connected, and that's also there. What else is there for me to check?

carcrzy920
01-02-2010, 07:04 PM
are you down shifting to get your rpms higher? you cant just be merging at 50mph and expect to make a strong 4th-5th gear pull. if your merging at 50mph then down shift to third and puch it. itll get up and go trust me. my ka will see 90mph by 6800rpms in 3rd gear.

is this your first 5 speed? if so then your probly used to a auto and when you floor it the ecu down shifts your trans for you. well now you gota do it instead of your ecu. just watch what gear your putting it in at the speed. dont force it in gear if it doesnt want to go, if it doesnt want to go it probly because your going to fast for that gear.

slow40sx
01-02-2010, 07:13 PM
(excuse my use of noob terms, it's the only way i can describe the problem..)
So here's my problem..
I've got a kade in my vert and i've got this problem where it doesn't really pull hard..
ex: Let's say I'm merging onto the freeway and i need to floor it for some reason.. It will not give me a "sudden boost in speed" if i floor it. In my case, my car would just VERY slowly/gradually gain speed with no sudden kick.
some info about the car ( that could maybe make a difference?)
-Stock KADE, converted to 5 speed
-welded diff.

I'm clueless as to what the problem could be.. HELP! :sadwavey:

check ur ground cable from ur motor to the chassis to the battery, my car was dog shit slow for a year because my ground cable was corroded to all hell getting a terrible connection, also make sure it is clean and tight, the same goes for the rest of ur grounds on ur harness, also check for vaccum leaks, that could kill power, and put some lucas fuel system cleaner in ur tank next time u fill up, ur injectors could be a little clogged

Mista Lee
01-02-2010, 07:37 PM
are you down shifting to get your rpms higher? you cant just be merging at 50mph and expect to make a strong 4th-5th gear pull. if your merging at 50mph then down shift to third and puch it. itll get up and go trust me. my ka will see 90mph by 6800rpms in 3rd gear.

is this your first 5 speed? if so then your probly used to a auto and when you floor it the ecu down shifts your trans for you. well now you gota do it instead of your ecu. just watch what gear your putting it in at the speed. dont force it in gear if it doesnt want to go, if it doesnt want to go it probly because your going to fast for that gear.

This isn't my first 5 speed. I've driven a handful of MT cars. They don't have the same problem as I'm experiencing..

check ur ground cable from ur motor to the chassis to the battery, my car was dog shit slow for a year because my ground cable was corroded to all hell getting a terrible connection, also make sure it is clean and tight, the same goes for the rest of ur grounds on ur harness, also check for vaccum leaks, that could kill power, and put some lucas fuel system cleaner in ur tank next time u fill up, ur injectors could be a little clogged

Will try all this. Thanks

Ceepo
01-02-2010, 08:02 PM
it could be that its a ka24de and that its stock and has no power lol(just kidding lol)

but for the cluster not working, is your speed sensor(VSS) wired it properly, is it even hooked up?

Mista Lee
01-02-2010, 08:42 PM
it could be that its a ka24de and that its stock and has no power lol(just kidding lol)

but for the cluster not working, is your speed sensor(VSS) wired it properly, is it even hooked up?

Haha ka ftw :eek3d:
From what i saw, it was connected. I'll see if whatever its plugged into is connected.

carcrzy920
01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
okay didnt mean to like come off as a dick saying you cant drive a 5 speed i just didnt know. check grounds deff man. mine ran a little slugish when i first got it running so i added a few grounds with 4awg to the valve cover and the alt bracket, made a HUGE difference.

shinobis13hb
01-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Clutch my not be gripping or something? I had that problem

Mista Lee
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
checked/sanded all the grounds in the bay, still no progress.. :(

franklin93zx
01-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Well considered to the mods you had in your hatch I would expect it to feel slower, but I forgot to mention that I was thinking about how your idle doesn't really settle at a certain rpm and you might a a possibly vacuum leak or your o2 sensor like you telling me

ellococt
01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
maybe bad throttle position sensor? Or WOT sensor (wide open throttle)