PDA

View Full Version : (sr) run better/make more power?

kingyogi
01-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I just got this s13 and the air/fuel gauge goes crazy... how do i fix that?

also i was wondering what would be the best process to make more power over time period. just asking advice from you guys who have done this before me.

brian3676
01-02-2010, 01:20 PM
im guessing its not a wideband?

fliprayzin240sx
01-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Whats the question? I dont get what you mean by "would be the best process to make more power over time period"

anton1o
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
o2 sensor fvcks fuel economy.

kingyogi
01-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Whats the question? I dont get what you mean by "would be the best process to make more power over time period"
like ovver time, can i get just better injectors and get more power safely? then after awhile get a bigger turbo? i dont know the full beginner route with power is, am i still being confusing? lol

spooled240
01-02-2010, 07:32 PM
you're gonna have to search on that one bud, I'm no big SR head but i know depending on which sr you have you can usually gain quite a bit more power with just increasing the boost on the stock turbo, injectors and mafs.

what are the numbers that your wideband reads?

Z U L8R
01-03-2010, 01:31 PM
air fuel ratio's are supposed to fluctuate, if you have a narrowband sensor than they will fluctuate a ton and it's a worthless guage in the first place.

if it's a wideband air fuel ratio guage it will have it's own wideband sensor in your exaust stream, not a single purple wire tapped into your stock 3 wire o2 sensor's white wire either at the sensor or at the ecu...

i recommend you find a local shop and spend some time learning about the car you just bought. and they should be able to answer all of your questions and debrief you.

otherwise you just need to search because there's hundreds and hundreds of people just like you who've already asked these questions and gotten the answers on this forum so you just need to search man

gl

Dave