PDA

View Full Version : rear wiper arm removal

s13driver
05-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Hi, does anyone knows how to remove the wiper arm off a S13 ? i've check the FSM and it didn't mention a thing about how to remove it so i was just wonder if any of you guys know how to do it .. thanks

S13Nissan240SX
05-29-2003, 10:54 AM
Yeah, it's pretty simple really. All you have to do is lift up on the cover at the pivot point. Basically it just rotates up towards the blade. Anyway, you get that off and there is a little nut in there that you have to loosen. When you get that off the wiper arm will come straight off. If yours has been on there for a long time like mine has, you may need to use a little WD40 or something to loosen it up.

Good luck,
Matt

89s132b
05-29-2003, 11:04 AM
yes, it's nothing you would need a FSM for. I shaved mine a month ago. Has anybody had theirs shaved for very long? How bad is it in the rain. I was planning on just using RainX

S13Nissan240SX
05-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Mine isn't shaved but I barely ever use it. In fact, it's not even hooked up at the moment. Rainex will be fine but I find you don't even need to go that route.

--Matt

wingsnthangs
05-29-2003, 10:50 PM
I just took out the wiper as well as the whole motorized unit from under the hatch. To cover the hole, I used a rubber plug that can be bought at Home Depot. Plug's as snug as a bug.