PDA

View Full Version : What the estimated power gain with a gt2530

turboex
05-25-2003, 08:47 AM
Ok if my car had just a sr20det red top, fuel pump, and front mount. And i swap the stock turbo out for a hks gt 2530 how much more power is it going to make at the same PSI? I am looking to have a ride with 300hp but i just wanted to know how much more than the stock turbo this thing will put out, with everything else being the same. thanks for the help

mrmephistopheles
05-25-2003, 09:20 AM
technical questions are for the tech talk forum.

uiuc240
05-25-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by turboex
Ok if my car had just a sr20det red top, fuel pump, and front mount. And i swap the stock turbo out for a hks gt 2530 how much more power is it going to make at the same PSI? I am looking to have a ride with 300hp but i just wanted to know how much more than the stock turbo this thing will put out, with everything else being the same. thanks for the help

So you want to know the rwhp at 7psi with the GT2530 and a FMIC? Hmmm. That's a good question. I don't know the answer (someone might). I think you'll have a hard time finding out the hp with 7psi though, as most people that buy that turbo turn up the boost to 10-17psi. There's really not much point in having it to just run 7psi.

I'll take a guess though. I'm gonna say 215 to the wheels.

Eric

turboex
05-25-2003, 09:46 AM
thanks man, wel mine will be bolted up in the hour and ill post a little review

uiuc240
05-25-2003, 09:55 AM
sweet. go race a Camaro after. they have like 590 hp, so if you can beat it, you should have like 600 hp....maybe more. j/k

how long do you plan to run at "stock" boost? speaking of which, are you using the OEM wastegate actuator? if not, which one are you using?

Eric

turboex
05-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Heres my setup, hks gt2530 turbo, hks, set at 6psi (extended rod), custom front mount, VLSD, turboxs dual stage boost controller, ok dont knock me on this one i have a obx turbo header (my friend ran one on his sr20det for 2 years and no cracks YET...) . Im a honda guy, but damn this turbo had to be one of the hardest things i have ever installed. the obx header leaves no room to get to the bolts and the turbo even though it says bolt on, it is not. Does need a few changes to make it bolt right up. As for running the car, i had my boost at 10psi raced a few stangs and crammaros and had not much of a problem with them. I am very satisfied iwth the sr20 and totally understand why everyone is in this game. great motor, not a single glitch since i droped it in. ill post pics of my ride today if i get time. thanks for the help

memphiss13
05-25-2003, 12:13 PM
so how much does this turbo cost? and what is its efficiency range? spool up time? any other upgrades necessary?

turboex
05-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Well i got her running, the car spools to 7psi at about 1500rpm in second gear. and like 2200 in third. alot faster spoolup that stock turbo. There is allmost no lag that you can feel at all, feels more like a supercharger, its just right there when you stomp it. Turbo sounds kinda diffrent too. However we had to cut and turn the inlet tube to the compressor as i could no rotate the housing enough to clear due to the new manifold. There were no welding shops around so we tryed jb-weld. And it melted in about 10mins of drive, so the car is dead untill tuesday when the welding shop opens up. Oh the turbo is $1900-$2200 depending on where you buy it from, i purchased mine from a shop for $480.

Foxcolt
05-25-2003, 02:13 PM
For what it's worth my car made 250hp and 238 torque at 8psi on a GT2540.

Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions, I'm pretty well versed in the HKS GT series turbos. But rarley have a chance to check zilvia anymore.

memphiss13
05-25-2003, 04:22 PM
that is very impressive power, now how did this guy get his for so cheap?

turboex
05-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Mine? I got mine from a freind, he put it on ebay trying to make a bit more cash, but knowone bidded on it as he listed it wrong, so he said **** it and let me bid on it for 500bones.