PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Guidance

XnTroubleX
12-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Ok yall, Ive got a 90 240 with a sr swap, Im in the process of upgrading my manifold to the I.S.I.S cast top mount, and the GT 3071R .63. Im ordering my turbo from ATP, externally wastegated, T3, 4 bolt exhaust discharge. Well heres my problem. since im switching from bottom mount to top mount and I was going to choose the 4 bolt exhaust to Vband.I can find the 4 bolt-V-band flange. but I can not find a elbow to go from the flange to my down pipe. I just switched to cars from bikes so Im pretty new to all of this. I have researched alot, so no need for flaming, Im pretty sure this set up is common and some company has to have the elbows sitting on a shelf waiting for me to buy it but I cant find it. Thanks for the imput guys and girls!

ballinnmiami240sx
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
You are not going to find something that fits. you'll have to fab up your own elbow.

XnTroubleX
12-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Well WTF!! I dont have a welding machine!!

Max_PSi
12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Looks like your gonna have to find someone with one then.

Have someone fab up the elbow and then weld it onto the flange.

XnTroubleX
12-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Is their an alternative route I can go to avoid having to fabricate something?

bl3ujay07
12-07-2009, 07:22 PM
what wrong with having someone fab you one? Some shop do a damn good job at it.

XnTroubleX
12-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Well I was looking and I think I could get a Flex bellow add a 2 extension on the bottom and have the 3 bolt cat flange welded to that. then buy a already bent 45 degree joint put that on top of the flex, and have the appropraite angle cut at the top and weld that to a V-band flange and badda bing badda boom, ??? IDK maybe that was just a crazy idea?

Nezahualcoyotl
12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
an alternative would go back to bottom mount :ddog:
lol well as stated above fabing the elbow would be your only choice unless you by chance find a used one for sale that fits. visit your local exhaust shop or the like and ask them how much it would cost to do something like this
good luck

edit: the way you described it you would cut existing parts and welding them together? its plausible but it would be easier to have someone fab a full piece out of scratch. it wouldn't be all that expensive i believe.

XnTroubleX
12-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Word!!! Bottom mount = no creativity!! Im going to figure it out. I think my previously posted idea would work.

slider2828
12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
T3 frames on bottom mounts suck ass... Don't bother.. No there are no bolt on kits, just have someone fab it up...