PDA

View Full Version : my mechanical nightmare of a 240

JurisMyDiction
12-07-2009, 02:41 PM
posted this in the chat like an idiot and got no responses. wrong section, hopefully here i'll get some clarification.

I've searched for pretty much all of this stuff and there are some of the questinos i haven't been able to answer.

the 240 i bought is kind of a piece, and i'm starting to fix some of the issues to prepare the car for serious modding. i would like the car running nicely without quirks before i start.

1) is the power steering hose (high pressure) the same on the ka24e as the ka24de? its leaking and in the meantime it sucks to drive the car. gonna do this one junkyard style probably cause they want $120 for the stupid hose at advance auto.

2) my speedo is freaking out. while it does go up and down somewhat in proportion to my accellerating and decellerating, it tends to show that i'm doing 80 to 115 mph when i'm only doing about 35 or 40. is this a common issue with a quick fix? i was thinking maybe wheel speed sensor.

3) the gas gauge isn't working, it's completely bottomed out (i'm guessing this one is just the float)

4) what cars can i get an e-brake cable from? (junkyard style) this one is stretched to the MAX and is completely useless, can i get one from any model s13? will an s14 work? just need to know for when i hit the local u-pull-it.

5) my headlights are CRAZY, half the time i can't get them to go back down, sometimes the lights even come back on after i've been away from the car for a while. is there a specific fuse, wire, harness, or relay i should look at?

i'm sure there's more than this but i'm trying to figure this crap out on my own before i ask here because i don't wanna get "search"ed. i'm absolutely no stranger to mechanics, just my first 240, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

M11's
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
.,/,/,/.../